Canada, the Friendly Ghost

So this on tumblr and thought it would make a good prompt. I will find the op and post it. If you know the op then please let me know. I want their cool work properly credited!
—————————————————————————————

America was always a strange one. Strangeness and peculiarity had always followed him, whether that be the whale he kept in the pond behind his house, or the little grey alien that trailed after him sometimes. However, it was always something that they could overlook and write off as, 'hey, that's just America for you.'

This notion was challenged one day when everyone was staying at Romania's. It seemed that it was his turn to host the EU meeting. As to why a full blooded American would be at such an European affair was annoyingly simple. He was visiting Arthur, and Arthur didn't want to leave him with his brothers, especially Ireland. The last time that happened, the revolution happened.

Therefore, like a child following its mother, Al followed Arthur happily munching on the happy meal Arthur had bought him to get him to shut up. Arthur walked in pinching the bridge of his nose as a certain Frenchman began to chuckle.

" honhon, mon amie, it seems as if zhe ole apron strings are still zhere non?"

Arthur removed his hand from the bridge of his nose to backhand Francis's beautiful face. "You bloody well know I can not leave him alone with Patrick! I want to come home to a house!"

He mentally added allistair. He could just picture it, Allistair and Alfred on the roof in kilts with claymores screaming "Freedom!".

He then huffed and turned to al who was sipping his cola. He sighed and turned and began to wag a finger at al, "Listen here yank, you will be quite and sit over there until the meeting is done. Do I make myself clear?"

Al sighed at being treated like a child, but he didn't expect any less of Arthur. Besides Arthur probably enjoyed it as he missed his empire days. So al sat down on one of the seats along the wall by the door. Arthur had promised to ask Romania to show them around Transylvania and some old ruins before they left.

He got out his phone and began to watch Life of Boris. Consider it research on how to annoy Russia.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and saw his twin, "Hey Mattie! What took you so long? Did you get lost going to the bathroom?"

Matt rolled his eyes, "Hardy har har. Real funny al. What are you watching?"

"Nothing important really."

"What about the Red and Green show?" Matt asked.

Alfred smiled, "Hell yeah!"

They then began to watch it and good naturedly bickered back and forth.

Unbeknownst to them the meeting was getting nowhere so the others attention had been drawn to Alfred. He gave the 'air' a noogie before laughing.

"You wish bro!" He then smirked after a moment.

"I know for certain a certain Matt had driven across Saskatchewan to get timmys at 3am."

He then rubbed his arm like someone had punched him then after a moment he scoffed, "Still that doesn't mean you can make fun of me for Starbucks."

The EU stood like Alfred did when he saw iggy with his 'friends'.

England looked concerned as America was seemingly talking to himself, "Alfred!" He called getting his attention, "Yeah iggy?"

England ignored the name, "Who are you talking to?"

Alfred looked confused at his question, "Why do you mean? I was just talking to Mattie." He then pointed to a empty chair. "Hmmp, where did he go?" He looked puzzled but not concerned like this had happened before.

He then gave a smile, "Oh well. He'll show back up, probably ran off for maple syrup."

Everyone gave him a concerned look before Germany spoke up with a quizzical expression, "How long have you known this 'Mattie'?"

Al was still smiling but it was starting to look a bit droopy, "I don't know about 'this Mattie' but no one other than my own twin brother."

"Do others see this 'twin' of yours?"

Al looked puzzled at his question, "Yeah, of course they do. Why wouldn't they."

A concerned England spoke up interrupting Germany, "Who else has seen him, lad?"

"Well Russia, myself, and- well you should know him to!"

The room all began to slapp their forehead in a 'oh yeah, of course' kind of way in agreement that they were doomed. A bead of sweat dripped down all their foreheads. If Russia was the only one to see him, then whatever this Mattie thing was, wasn't good. Al was probably going insane under the weight of the world. It didn't help their anxiety that America an impressive military to boot.

Al's expression then lit up as he looked at the door and made a beckoning motion with his arm. He then slung his arm over the shoulder of 'nothing'. He smiled proudly, "See. Here is the good ole Canuck himself!"

The room then squinted back and forth as a shadow seemed to make its self visible. They looked back at Al's smiling face.

Italy began to cry and scream, "Its-a ghost!"

Al then began looked panicked, "Where?"

"You're-a hugging it!"

Al's smile then dropped to confusion, "What do you mean-"

He abruptly stopped and turned to the dark shadow and then looked a bit angry, "Hey! Stop it! He is my brother! not a ghost!"

He then gave them a glare before walking out the door with his arm still slung over his 'ghostly' brothers shoulder.

They then all heard something that made them freeze as terror sneaked up heir spines like a whisper on the wind, "Can we get pancakes?"

America laughed boldly, "Haha sure thing bro!"

"Yaaaaay"