12- 𝐴 𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒

Whats your favorite flower? Mine are orange roses.

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒 [ - ] 🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓

Unlinking his long slim arms, the deer twirled his thin cane between his long fingers. Swinging it up and down, like a twirling baton, with high confidence he marched like he was leading a marching band. With Y/n behind him watching with a secret grin, they made their way to the street performers at the corner of an old butcher shop. Two imps they have never seen before played instruments.

Root, toot, toot, Went the trumpets. Ruma, Bum, Bum, went the drums. The two played louder, matching one another's tempo. It was so pleasant Alastor fished a soul coin from his pocket, tossing into the yellow hat on the ground. To which the two imps gladly accepted. Money was great but soul coins, well they were so much more treasurable. They thank the powerful overlord for his generosity but once their eyes landed on a certain performer beside the deer they lid up.

"Wonderful arent they Y/n?" Alastor nudged the zoned out wolf that casually stopped with his hands inside of his suit pockets. Red and black eyes widened at the imps that gave a charming smile, staring at him for his approval.

"Huh? Oh yeah I liked it."

The imps paused looking like a broken record. The shadow wolf liked their performance! Jolly as the fat man in a suit, they stared at one another. Slowly, yet proud, they took a bow. Click! Alastor pressed a button on his staff before allowing the talented imps. Hes seen many musicians in his day, but they played like professionals. 

"Thank you both, we are flattered that you enjoyed." Said the tallest imp. "I'm Henry and this is my love Ethan." He motioned to the shorter imp. "Ethan and I are kinda just out trying to make a living. This is a hobby you see. Or well, more of a dream we have." Ethan hugged his dearest close and nuzzled his cheek against his, showing affection. He didn't seem to talk much. Maybe he was mute?

"Oh cool." Y/n spoke with gentleness in his voice. "I admire that dedication. You both look cute together by the way. I just thought I'd say that."

The bigger imp noded. "Thank you, you wouldn't happen to have any suggestions to guide us Oh great one?"

Y/n shrugged his shoulders. His Mask covered his mouth so they weren't sure if he was annoyed or just smiling. The sound of rocks skitting underneath his feet and he turned his body fully.

"Well not much really-" He trailed off and stared at the trumpet player. His red hands shook and he looked down with a nervous smile. 

"Okay." Y/n sighed. "I'd like to subject keeping your head up as you play. It shows you lack confidence when you look sluggish. Especially when you're too nervous about what others think of you. Show me how you play." 

The imp nodded quickly and took a deep breath playing with his eyes shut. His head was up stead of down.

Y/n nodes pulling his hands out of his pockets. "Okay that's better. But do a little more with your body. You just standing still makes you look like a war soldier. In a way you kinda are at war with yourself. Be better, out due what you could yesterday. You gotta put a bit more pizzazz, love what you do. Do you love playing the trumpet?"

Henry stopped with a small smile. "All my life."

"Do you think you can do better?" Y/n asked. 

"I...yes I do actually." Henry held the trumpet with shaking hands.

"Really? Then show me. Be the best you can be. Tap your foot, close your eyes, just lose yourself in the melody." 

"What do you mean?" The imp narrowed his brows in confusion.