=͟͟͞♡ 5

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Blue Hour

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Blue Hour ▬

Daeun jolted forward, hitting her head on the upper bunk bed. She was sweating a lot and her cheeks were stained with dried tears.

Her poor soul had been silently crying nonstop for hours as she was vividly experiencing the memories her dream had projected to her while she was asleep. 

She missed her family. She missed her sister and mostly, she missed Orion. Now, all Daeun felt was pure emptiness. It was like she had a hole in her heart, a missing piece of an undone puzzle lost forever. She felt numb.

The girl sighed loudly, lifting herself off of her bed. After Areum died, Daeun would always stare at the upper bunk bed after she woke up, just out of old habit. She placed her hand over the cold mattress, succumbing to the lonely feeling dwelling inside of her.

Before doing anything else, Daeun decided to take a shower first. She took a refreshing bath and dressed up in an attire which would be perfect for early morning walks outside.

The girl didn't even check the cupboards or fridge for anything to scavenge since she knew she was out of food. She didn't even had the mind to make herself a cup of tea and just barged right outside to take a walk around her neighbourhood.

Lost, pondering over nothing but her sad life, Daeun slowly lifted her head to examine where her legs took her.

She was there again. The same bridge.

Daeun let out a low pleading groan, burying her hands in her pockets as she quietly walked over to the rail of the old bridge. She leaned her upper body over the rails, gazing down at the icy blue waters.

It won't happen again right? There's no way I'd wake up back in my bed if I jump. Well, there's only one way to test that. If I die, then I'll be getting what I wanted.

Daeun maneuvered her way over the rails, now standing on the ledge like before. She sucked in a deep breath, looking at the scenery around her one last time before letting go.

Her fingers that were curled around the cold railing of the bridge finally uncurled. She felt her body lose its sense of gravity. Her body felt light but then she felt a sudden jerk, pulling her back.

Her eyes widened at the unpredictable outcome. She was dangling over the bridge, suspended midway in the air. Her head quickly shot up, eyes widening as she saw Soobin holding onto her hand tightly and securely.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" The girl spat out, irritated.

Soobin furrowed his brows at her in confusion. "I should be asking you that!" He said in a slightly angered tone.

The boy heaved her up with his strength, safely guiding her weak body away from the rails of the bridge. Soobin sat her down on one of the benches, breathing heavily as he tried calming himself down after almost witnessing the same person who he saved from committing suicide, commit suicide, again.

"Why did you do that?!" Daeun lightly hit Soobin's chest, mad at the fact that he stopped her from doing the one thing that would put her out of her misery.

"I can't just stand there and watch you d-do that! I know I don't know what's going on with your life but this isn't how you should end things!" Soobin spoke up. He was trying his best to not sound scary while trying to convince the girl that killing herself wasn't the way to end her suffering.

"Just leave me alone!" The girl exclaimed, pushing Soobin away, hastily making her way towards the bridge.

"No!" Soobin yelled in response, running up to reach Daeun. He clamped his hand around her wrist, swinging her around and pulling her towards him.

Daeun felt the unexpected contact of her cheeks pressing against Soobin's chest. His hands rested around her shoulders, pulling her closet to him. His chin was pressing down gently on her head as he held her close to him in a warm comforting hug.

Daeun didn't fight him off anymore and allowed her body to relax into the hug. She missed this feeling. The feeling of being able to cuddle up in someone's warmth while they held her in their arms. Though the person who she was hugging was a complete stranger, she didn't want to let go. She yearned for this feeling of comfort for a long time and in that very moment, she was finally slightly at ease.

"I know we both may be strangers but in this very moment, I hope my simple hug can at least make your worries disappear, even if it's just for a little while. I just want to say, whatever you're going through, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of you for holding out this long. You may not know it, but you've been trying your best and that's all that matters. Your life...I know it's hard but sometimes, sometimes what makes us stronger are the many hardships we've faced. No matter how difficult it gets, you  shouldn't give up. Time heals wounds, you just have to let it."

"But what if I'm just tired of everything? I don't think I can try staying strong any longer. I'm tired of this shitty life!" Daeun  countered Soobin's words with her own plea.

"They're all gone! They left me here alone! How am I supposed to continue living without them by my side?? You don't understand...how painful it is..." Daeun started crying. She tried stifling out her sobs but it was no use. She was finally opening up to someone, expressing all the emotions she locked away after not wanting to deal with the unmeasurable amount of pain.

"It's okay, let it all out." Soobin said softly, gently patting the girl's back to comfort her.

It had been quite a few minutes after Soobin finally realised her cries and died down. He called out to her but there was no response.

"Kim D-Daeun?"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵