one

I woke up frightened. I tried to sit up, but couldn't move. I looked down at my chest, my head hurting in the process. I saw three seatbelts strapping me in to a chair. I was sitting up. I checked out my surroundings, seeing about thirty more people in the same position. I made eye contact with the girl beside me.

"What's going on?" I asked her, my eyes widened.

"We're being sent to earth," the girl answered, pointing to the large screen in front of us.

Chancellor Jaha appeared infront of me, explaining our situation.

"You have been sent down to earth because your crimes have made you... Expendable," he stated, making me scoff.

"By that he means he was going to kill us anyway, so why not do it in a more exciting way," I said out loud, not meaning to be that loud. The girl beside me laughed, and a few others around the room did as well. I glanced at the ceiling and ground, looking for more answers. There were two trap like doors. There were more levels, more criminals.

"Go Spacewalker!" cheered someone from behind me. I looked to the centre of the level, watching a boy my age flip and float through the air. A blonde girl on the other side of the room told him to get back into his seat. I don't know what would happen if he didn't, but I didn't want to find out.

Two other boys followed after him, and with the sound of the Chancellor talking bullshit, and the blonde girl telling the two to sit back down, my head ached more than when I first woke up.

"Mount Weather was a military base inside of a mountain. It is your duty to find the perishables from there," Jaha said, and a pang of anger shot up through me.

"Why don't you make us find our brains, too, Chancellor?" I asked out loud, earning a few bits of laughter here and there. "Why even tell us this information if we are all going to die of radiation?"

"Incase we don't," the girl beside me said. I looked over at her, and took in all of her details. She has smooth tan skin, clear of any acne or scars. Her brunette hair went past her shoulders, but it wasn't as long as mine. She had green eyes that sparkled from the light shining on them. "I'm Octavia," announced.

"The girl they locked up for being a second child?" I asked, making sure I got my facts right. When I heard they arrested a young girl for being born after her brother, I was furious. Kind of intrigued, she did survive sixteen years without getting caught.

"That's me," she said, turning away. I understood it was a touchy subject, so I started talking again to take her mind off of it.

"I'm Zen," I said, and smiled a bit when she looked at me again. She smiled back, then furrowed her eyebrows.

"What did you do to get on this hell hole dropship?" she asked me, a tiny smirk on her face.

"I helped people," is all I said. If she didn't know any of the rumours about me, then it's best to keep them secret. I was just about to speak again, when the dropship jolted, sending the three floating boys into grey tubes. Smoke piled out them and I started coughing from the fumes.

"Finn, are you okay?" the blonde girl yelled to the first floater. I didn't hear an answer.

After jolt came, and my neck whipped forward, then smacked back against the headrest of the seat I was in. I winced, squeezing my eyes shut in hopes the pain would ease. When I opened them, everything was silent, and no one was moving. The smoke had disintegrated.

"Hear that, no machine hum," a lanky boy strapped standing up said.

"That's a first," the Asian boy beside him said. I looked at the monitor where Jaha's face once appeared. It was gone, a black background took it's place.