twenty three

"Someone's coming!"

I heard the familiar roars of camp a short distance away. The wall was already in my line of vision, and I saw a few campers pointing their guns at the figure coming their way; me. 

"It looks like a grounder, shoot!"

Panic struck through me when I heard a gunshot go off. Stupid idiots. One guy nearly hit my foot when he shot, but thankfully I was able to dodge it and hide behind a tree. I guess I did look like a grounder, I had dirt all in my eyes, and a fur coat covering me. I'm pretty sure Sulfur was the one to give it to me, I woke up with it on.

Before more people wasted bullets on myself, I called out to them. 

"It's Zen, you bag of assholes!"

"Oh... well shit."

"Open the gate, she's back!"

"Bellamy, it's Zen!"

I came out behind the tree to see the gate of camp starting to open. I quickly ran in, not wanting the camp to be vulnerable longer than necessary. When I was inside the camp walls, a large group was crowded around me, probably checking to see if I had any injuries or if I was on the verge of dying. 

"Hey," Octavia said, coming up to me. She gave me a tight hug, rubbing my back. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy," I replied, causing her to smile. "What's going on here?"

"Clarke and Finn are missing," Octavia replied. "There's a group going to look for them. We we're going to search for you also, but here you are."

"I'm too badass to be searched for and found," I commented, making her giggle. 

"Zen?"

I looked up, seeing a very stressed looking Bellamy standing just a few metres from me. When I smiled at him, he charged for me. One second, I was standing beside Octavia, the next I was being squished and lifted off of the ground. 

Bellamy's arm gripped tightly around my waist, his head in the crook of my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck after a few moments of confusion. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours, when Octavia coughed sarcastically. 

"Where the hell were you?" he asked me once he let me onto the ground once again. He put his hands on my upper arms, staring straight into my eyes. He didn't seem happy. "Miller came back frantic, saying that you went off for a moment and never returned."

"Anya took me," I answered, and his stern stare turned into a concerned one. He looked me over, checking for any sort of sign that I was hurt. When he didn't find one, he looked back into my eyes. "She didn't torture me, didn't even tie me up. She talked to me about some stuff, but I don't want to talk about it in public, we need to talk privately."

Bellamy nodded, looking to his sister and back to me. He grabbed my wrist, pulling me into his tent. Octavia followed, getting the hint that Bellamy wanted her in on the conversation, too. 

"What happened out there?" Bellamy asked, crossing his arms in front of me. 

"I went off to kill this boar that got away-"

"And did any of the three men that went with you come to help?" he asked, interrupting my explanation. I didn't want him knowing I went off by myself, I didn't want Miller or the other guys to get in trouble, when it's my fault. Bellamy was scary when things like that happened... the outcome wouldn't be pretty. 

"No, I told them to stay put and I'd be back," I caved, mentally slapping myself in the face. "I killed it, went to pick it up, and was whacked over the head."