bonus: six

Hello everyone! So, I realized when I reread chapter six that I didn't put in a scene where Zen finds out about Wells being dead, and how she feels about it. So after receiving support from @Breathe_Me, I decided to write a bonus chapter, describing Zen's emotions and thoughts about the entire situation. I hope you guys like this, and a new chapter will be up this weekend, picking up from when Murphy was hung. Thanks for all the support, you guys are the best! -Brandee*molester moon emoji goes here*

"Zen?" I heard Bellamy call through the flaps of my tent. I got up from where I was laying down, and peered through the opening, telling him to come in. He sat down in the same spot he did after he helped me get the damn thing up, and watched me as I sat back down on the tarps and fixed my messy hair.

"So, leader sir, what is it?" I asked him, giving off a humorous vibe. He didn't seem to appreciate it, though. He sat there, looking defeated. That's when I knew something was wrong, and I wasn't going to like it. "Bellamy, what happened?"

"Wells was killed," he said bluntly. He didn't meet my eyes as he talked. I'm glad he didn't, because there were tears building up in them, and I wanted to remain calm about the situation. I wasn't keen on letting my leader know that I break down when someone dies. Down here, a lot of death was going to happen.

"How?" was all I asked. I blinked my eyes, trying to get the tears to fade away. One fell, but I didn't brush it away. I let it fall down my face, hoping the sensation would distract me from the pain I was feeling in my chest.

Bellamy finally looked up at me, and his facial expression didn't change a tad bit when he talked. "Grounders stabbed him in the neck, and cut off two of his fingers." He didn't try to sugarcoat his words, and I respected that. I was quite glad he did, actually. If someone showed me any sign of pity at that moment I would've cracked. "Miller dug a grave for him, they're just about to put him down. I was wondering if you wanted to be there."

"Why?" I asked, suddenly getting defenceless. I didn't think that Bellamy noticed I was getting close with Wells, and that I trusted him. Obviously he did, though, or else I doubted that he would be here talking to me about it.

"You seemed to be friends with him, you like him-" he stopped talking for a second, realizing he had talked in present tense, "you liked him, way better than you like me." I looked up at him when he said that, and his mouth was in a frown, but it wasn't easily noticeable. If it wasn't for the firelight from outside of the tent, and no distraction of other people, I would of never seen it.

"You're not that bad," I said, smirking slightly. I was trying to lighten the mood, for both of us. "You can be a dick sometimes. Also a man-whore, and a complete selfish-"

"Alright!" he said calmly, chuckling slightly. He smirked at me, and I gave him another smirk back. I gave myself a mental pat on the back for not getting on his bad side, that wouldn't be the best thing down here.

My smile stayed on my face, but then fell when I remembered why he was in my tent in the first place. Wells. We've lost one of the only smart, intellectual people in this camp. He of all people deserved to live. Not because he was the chancellor's son, but because he had a good heart, a good mind. He was hated, just for his blood. I was glad I got to know him before he left, even if it was just a little bit.

"Take me to see him," I said to Bellamy, watching his own smile turn back into a straight line. He nodded, gesturing for me to follow him. We went out of the camp walls, and came to where the three graves were. Miller, and another one of Bellamy's henchmen were carrying Wells into the grave. Bellamy stood beside me, which somewhat relaxed me. I didn't realize it, but I had tears streaming down my face. I was too shocked to sob, or let out tiny cries. I just stood there, watching one of my only friends go into the ground and letting tears roll down my face.

"You can leave whenever, you know," Bellamy whispered into my ear. I could feel his gaze on me, probably watching the water pour out of my eyes. I shook my head, not taking my sight away from Wells. Once the two had his body placed neatly in the grave, they looked back to Bellamy, waiting for approval to fill it back up with dirt. He looked down at me, and I nodded slightly, letting him know I was done with looking at him. "Go ahead, make the grave visible," he called out to them. He looked back down at me, and I finally looked up at him.

"Who's supposed to be my side bitch now?" I half-joked, wondering who I was going to have for support down here. I felt Bellamy's arm come around my shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze. I thought it was an answer to my question, that he would be there for me, but instead he started taking me back into camp.

"You can grab Wells' things from your tent, and you can keep what you want," Bellamy told me, taking his arm off of me when we reached the opening of my makeshift home. I just nodded, walking into the tent, and falling down on the 'bed'. I wasn't ready to clean everything up, not yet. For one more night, I wanted it to feel like he was still here, still alive, and that everything was in place, just the way he left it.