seventeen

"Okay guys, get some ammo and meet me at the gate," I told Jasper and Bellamy. They were taking guns on this expedition Finn had set up, and I was taking my bow and arrow. I persuaded Miller to help me make a ton of arrows, and now I was going to put them to use.

I stood at the gate waiting for the two boys. I wasn't nervous at that time, and I didn't know why. We were about to be face to face with the Grounders, and I was perfectly fine. Excited, even. I guessed that I truly did belong down here, on Earth.

That thought made me think back to earlier that night, where I told Bellamy how I felt about being on the ground. I then thought about what happened afterwards; how, even when the camp was noisy as hell, all I could focus on was him. How his eyes were filled with intensity, and a bit of nervousness. How the idea of kissing him made my insides turn to mush. I couldn't believe that I had actually fallen for the leader of this camp. I had fallen for Bellamy Blake. Someone who was at least four years older than me, and was into flings rather than relationships.

Those were the types of guys I had always distanced myself from, but somehow, I found myself crawling to Bellamy at any chance I could.

I also found myself gawking over a man in my mind as my friends were on their way to meet up with the grounders, and probably get speared in the face. I mentally slapped myself for the stupidity, just before Bellamy, Jasper and Raven started coming over to me. Good timing.

"Raven, what are you doing?" I asked her, wondering why she was coming with us. Finn didn't tell her about the plan for a reason, because if he did, she would be with him right now.

"Bellamy caved," Jasper said, smirking slightly.

I looked over to Bellamy, my eyebrows raised. He gave Jasper a glare, narrowing his eyes. I held back a laugh and focused my attention back to the brunette mechanic.

"I'm not letting Finn go talk to Grounders without any weapons," she stated, seriousness flooding her words. "I'm coming, and you can't stop me, Z."

I smiled slightly at the use of the nickname, it gave me a warm feeling that I had a close friend down here.

"I wasn't going to, Ray," I said, smirking back. And on that note, the four of us were off, following Clarke's breadcrumbs, which were actually bundles of nuts.

-

Up ahead, I noticed a bridge. It was run down slightly, and crumbling. But it was strong as hell, it was one of the only builds that survived the nuclear war.

We kept walking towards it, staying as quiet as possible. Something told me this was the location for the meeting. My instincts were correct as we came to the edge of the river flowing underneath the bridge, and Clarke, Finn and Octavia were standing on it.

"What's Octavia doing here?" Jasper asked, then his question was answered when the grounder that was held captive by Bellamy, appeared from the other side of the bridge, running to engulf Octavia in a giant hug. "Oh."

"I guess we know how he got away," Raven said, smirking. I sensed Bellamy tense up beside me, and I put a hand on his shoulder, and giving him a reassuring look.

"I'm guessing the grounder helped set this all up, too," I said, feeling glad that the grounder didn't want to retaliate towards us for what we did. Instead, he was helping us make peace. I knew he was good, but then I knew for sure.

"His name is Lincoln," Bellamy stated, no emotion on his face. "Octavia told me."

Before I could answer, I heard hoofbeats. I couldn't tell what animal they were coming from, but I knew it wasn't human.