nineteen

"Oh shit on a stick," I yelped out as I electrocuted myself with the end of a wire. I heard Raven chuckle, but I kept busy with what I was doing.

"Anything else happen with Bellamy?" Raven asked me as she tried to hold back a smirk. When she said his name, I sparked my finger again, and that only amused her even more.

"No, he's mad at me," I answered, thinking back to when we snapped at each other.

"Why? Because you think Murphy should live?" she asked me. I nodded.

"I don't see the point in killing him," I stated. "I mean, he didn't push Charlotte off of the cliff. He was part of enforcing it, though. I've killed at least four people. I should be the one who dies."

"Zen, we're at war," Raven said softly, "people are going to kill and be killed. Don't worry about anything."

"Everyone keeps telling me that-"

I managed to shock myself yet again, and chucked the wires down on the table in front of me, pissed off.

"I'm done, screw this shit," I said, getting up to leave. Raven started laughing, and continued as I rammed into Clarke who was on her way in. "Hell, sorry."

"I didn't know anyone was in here," Clarke said, stepping inside. She looked unusually pale, she had started tanning a bit on her face since being in the sun all day; we all have. But it looked like she had been cooped inside for ten years. "Nothing from the Arc?"

"Nada," I answered, suddenly having an idea to check the radio once again. Maybe being in an angry mood would make me notice something different.

"It's like they shut it down from their side," Raven concluded. "It could be solar flares blocking the signal..."

"But you guys don't think so," Clarke added, and Raven nodded.

"Solar flares wouldn't cause the signal to stop," I stated. "They would only cause static. There's only silence on this end... silence. Holy hell. Raven, listen to this."

"There's nothing to listen to," she replied, looking confused.

"Exactly!" I said, a lightbulb turning on in my head. The two girls looked at me like I was actually insane, and I started explaining. "If something was blocking the signal, there would be some type of noise. There's nothing here, which means that either they closed down the connection, or all power is off on the Arc."

"How do we know which is which?" Clarke asked, and my sudden excited demeanour vanished.

"We don't," I said, feeling defeated.

"I've got a bad feeling," Raven said, standing up.

"There's a lot of that going around," Clarke said. She started going back out of the tent when Raven stopped her.

"I'm sorry about your mom," Raven said, and Clarke just nodded her head, tears brimming in her eyes. But when they fell onto her cheeks, it wasn't saltwater. It was blood. "Clarke, your eyes."

"Get in the dropship, sit down now," I said, grabbing a spare cloth that luckily happened to be on the table I was working at. "Go, Clarke, now."

Clarke did as I said, and I followed her into the dropship. Before I made it in, I heard Connor calling for me. I turned around, and saw blood coming down his chin, and he was coughing.

"Zen," he choked out, reaching towards me. I grabbed him, helping him up the ramp into the dropship. "It won't stop."

"Just sit down over there, I'll be with you in a second," I said to him, setting him down on the floor. Murphy and Connor started coughing, and I looked between the two of them, confused out of my mind. I had no idea what was going on.