Chapter 2: Pasts and a Pact

(Peter P.O.V) (Two weeks later)

Wanda and I became best friends these past few weeks, she learned about my Star Wars obsession, and I learned about her passion of music. We decided to do a movie night every weekend, it was mostly Star Wars since Wanda wanted to see the rest of the series, and we even managed to do some karaoke one Sunday night, we were both really good, so much that the residents of the apartment clapped for us because we forgot to shut our windows. By the time we finished the original trilogy, Wanda was feeling better, she even expressed her concerns over hurting me with her chaos magic, she explained what it was to me and I understood why she was afraid, but I told her that if you take it slow, like getting a coffee with it, she can ease herself into using it again. I also made an AI for that purpose, all I gotta do is say "HAN SOLO ROCKS" and the AI does the rest. As I was munching on chips, she was reminiscing over Han and Leia. "I feel like they would blossom into marriage" she said, "No spoilers Wanda" I joked. Wanda giggled at that, but she soon noticed my backpack. "Where did you go to school?" she asked, "Midtown, ever since I was little" I said, but Wanda soon smiled, "Lucky, I wish I could go to school when I was younger but I had a duty to fulfill." she said. "I don't know if lucky's the right word anymore, none of my friends remember me, not even Ned and MJ, I had to drop out to protect myself" I said speaking the truth. Wanda sat next to me, I could tell she felt bad for me, but soon she started smiling again, "I have an idea, my magic can alter memories, maybe I can alter them so they remember you, and only Peter Parker, not that you're Spider-Man" she said. I nearly choked on my own spit, "You can do that?" I asked. "Chaos Magic is powerful, but it works when someone's specific enough" she explained. I was confused but then my sense kicked in, " Wanda I don't think that's a good idea, you still haven't mastered that part of your magic, and don't forget the corruption, like I said before, take it slow, ease yourself into it" I said, Wanda nodded in understanding. 

"I guess it's homeschool for me from now on, or online college" I said, Wanda patted my back and sighed, but soon here eyes widened, "Hey, I want to show you something" she said. I became curious and followed her, she was working on a beautiful flower in her room, she had a mini garden on her balcony, it looked like a rose but it was silently singing whenever the wind passed by. I was amazed, "You made this?" I asked, "Yes, ever since I went into isolation, I realized I had a love for blossoms, and it kind of grew after I tried looking for my children" she explained, I chuckled "No pun intended" she suddenly said. I laughed even harder and Wanda chuckled too, the flowers were a bright red, coupled with some of my favourite flowers, namely Snowbells and Marigolds, even though she's suffering, you gotta admit she's a good artist.

I looked on as I saw a butterfly, it landed on the Marigold. Wanda giggled as I looked on in awe at the little guy, he soon crawled on my finger, it tickled and felt like a tiny massage. "So have you tried to bring your boys back again?" I asked, Wanda shook her head as I passed on the butterfly to her, "They never existed, and the sorcerers are scared of me, so I gave up, but you honor your Aunt and Uncle by fighting crime, so I will honour them by turning my life around" she explained, she let the butterfly fly away and we looked on. I didn't press further with the questions but I did say something that surprised her, "I want to help you turn around" I said, Wanda turned to me in a surprised manner, "Since I have nothing much to do, it's a good idea, besides I need to heal from recent wounds too" I said while wiping away tears that were just beginning to form. Wanda's smile brightened into something I've only seen on MJ, and she hugged me, "You're the best Peter, thank you" she said. I smiled as she hugged me, "You're my friend Wanda, of course I'd help you" I said as she nestled into my shoulder. Suddenly we heard a knock on the door, "MAIL CALL!" it was the manager of the apartments, "COMING MACK!" I yelled.

Wanda used her magic to get the mail, I laughed as I walked back to her thinking 'why did I do that?'. "Forgot you could do that" I joked, Wanda giggled she begun to read it, "Peter, it's your Aunt's will, you should read this" she said handing it to me. I could tell that Wanda was sad for me but I was too busy reading the paper. "What's it say Peter?" she asked, "She willed everything to me, the house, the money, and even her many recipes for pie" I said happily. We was surprised "Wow, I wasn't expecting that" I said as I put the will down. Wanda approached me, "Good for you Pete, but how? Nobody knows who you are" she said, "Looks like it was written before the spell happened" I said but I was still a little sad. "I know I gotta move in there, but I'm only 18, still learning to be an adult, it SUCKETH MUCH ARSE" I said putting on a British accent, then Wanda put her hand on my shoulder. "Oh no, that's why you're worried, I'm so sorry to hear that" she said kindly. I looked at her, "It makes sense, but why is this getting to me just now?" I asked, "I don't know, maybe it got lost in the mail" Wanda theorized