Chapter 5: Protective

(Peter P.O.V)

After we had our lunch, the doorbell rang, "I GOT IT!" I yelled and ran to the door, I tripped and recovered easily as the girls giggled. When I hit the button I answered into it, "Yeah?" I asked, the voice that came through was one I never expected, I was surprised, it was America's. "Can I come up please?" she asked, Wanda looked scared but nodded, so I buzzed her in. She was so composed but also sympathetic when she got to the door, her hair was down and she was wearing the same jacket she wore when she called us, Wanda was surprised when America hugged her tightly, Wanda hugged back shyly. "Wong told me everything, and I'm sorry" Wanda begun to cry but held it back. I picked up Morgan, "This is Morgan Stark, Morgan this is America, like the country" I said as we put on some cartoons, America waved at Morgan, but when she looked at the tv, she looked confused, "I've never seen these before" she said, Morgan smiled at the girl as she sat next to her, "That is Bugs bunny, he's funny" Morgan said, "I can tell" America said as she wrapped an arm around Morgan's shoulders. "Wow, the boys must've been important to you, even going so far to use someone like this" I added,  Wanda nodded, "I'm a twin you know" she suddenly said. I looked at her, "What the, really?" I asked, she never told me that even in the two weeks when we stayed at the old apartment. "Yeah, his name was Pietro, you would've liked him, I know he would've liked you" she said, "What happened to him?" I asked, Wanda looked up at me, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" I suddenly said. Wanda just smiled and went on about her past, her parents were killed by a bomb that luckily didn't explode, and Pietro was killed by Ultron, he sacrificed himself to save Hawkeye. Wanda's right, I would've liked him.

I held her hand, "Hey, it's okay, even though he isn't here, think of all the good times you shared with him, like your boys, he's still in here" I said pointing to my heart, Wanda wiped away her tears and smiled at me. Morgan then started to cheer as Tweety came onto the screen, "I tawt I taw a puddy tat" she said, America looked at her, she was smiling, "Aww, she's adorable, I like her already." she said, "I have no words" Wanda said jokingly, America hugged Morgan as she begun to laugh, I noticed America was a lot like me, friendly and strong, she must've been through a lot to sympathize with Wanda. I smiled at the two of them, and I got an idea, "Hey, there's this movie playing tonight, and I thought we should get tickets, maybe a treat for our new guest" I said. Since half of the filmmakers came back after the snap, all new films were released recently. The film I wanted to see the most was this movie called Turning Red, America became intrigued, "I've never seen a movie before" she said, I was weirded out but Wanda showed no signs of confusion, "I guess all that travelling never gave you a chance" she said, "Yep, I'M SO EXCITED!" America said jumping up and tying her hair up.

When we got to the theatre, the two girls already went to look at the movie posters, and Wanda and me ran into a familiar face, it was Felicia, she looked happy to see me again. "Oh sorry, didn't expect to see you here" she said sensually, Wanda stood in front of me, clearly she was protecting me, "What do you want?" she asked angrily, I was surprised. Felicia cocked an eyebrow and smirked as she held her cigarette. "Well, just to see an old friend of mine, nothing really that harmful". It made my skin crawl when she said that, Wanda nearly lost it, but I soon interfered "Hey, our movie's about to start, we better get going" I said and pulled Wanda away. The girls looked at the poster of the movie, "Wow, this is by Pixar? It looks awesome" America said, she cocked an eyebrow at Morgan, "You excited?" she asked, "Yes, it's a fluffy red panda!" Morgan yelled happily, I smiled at the 'youngest' of our gang, they looked at Wanda "Wanda, you okay?" America asked, Wanda's eyes were still glowing red as she took a deep breath and calmed down, "Sorry bout that, I told you she was insane" I said. The concession line was long, Morgan ended up getting a stuffy version of the red panda in the movie, and America got to play a little at the arcade while Morgan, Wanda and I got the snacks.