Chapter 3: So Close

(Wanda P.O.V)

We were bored in the back of the moving truck, so Peter pulled out his laptop. "I got a few games on here that you might like, you can pick one since it's a long way to Aunt May's house from here" he said. I took his laptop and saw one game called 'Bendy and the Ink Machine', it looked promising. "I like this one" I said pointing to the game, Peter's eyes widened "I haven't played that in forever, I never finished it before the Snap" he explained, "You were snapped too?" I said, "Yep, it sucked to see Mr Stark after 5 years, especially when he died" he said shedding tears. I hugged him, but when I started up the game his sadness went away. I started to play and Peter started to explain what was happening, "So your character was part of the studio when it started, but due to creative differences he left to join his family" he explained, "So he's back without visiting Joey first? Weird." I said, "That's true, but you'll find out the truth later" Peter said. I continued to play until the door opened, "We're here" the driver said, I packed away the laptop as Peter got out. When he helped me out, we saw our new home, it was an apartment on the top floor, it was a penthouse. "Aunt May must've bought this for me when I graduated" Peter guessed, I nodded along as I used my magic to unload the truck. 

Peter went to pay the driver, and I cast a spell on all the boxes to head to mine and Peter's new penthouse, he still looked at me funny, but Peter kept on standing up for me, I liked that he cared. When we walked up the stairs we saw a bunch of faces, they looked surprised, I knew it was about me. "Wanda's here, so what?" Peter said defending me once again. I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me, I could tell he actually meant the words he said to me, and said about me. When we got to our penthouse, it was huge, the couch was sleek, it looked like it was from the future, if you just walked in here you might think a rich mogul lived here, but in actuality it was two young adults that were living here. Peter and I set our stuff down as we looked around. "Wow, how did May afford this place?" Peter asked, "I don't think it was all May, I think Tony helped out with that" I said picking up a note, Peter ran over and read it:

Dear Peter

Hey kid, hopefully I would be there for your graduation, but if I'm not, hopefully someone would give this to you.

Just so you know, May helped me out with keeping this place furnished, I'm planning that you might have this for after graduation when you start your life.

And even if I'm not here, I'll always be here in spirit.

And to whoever is with him at this moment, take care of him, he needs the new friends after all of this stuff that happened to him.

He deserves a lot, and I thank you for taking care of him for me.

You were always the best apprentice kiddo.

Sincerely

Tony Stark

Peter was crying his eyes out as I hugged him gently, "Wow, was not expecting that" he said through tears, "Me neither, but hey, at least May had a plan for what happened" I said. Peter smiled and wiped away his tears, "Yeah, she loved me for most of my life, my parents disappeared and I don't know if I have any family left." I said spilling my heart out, "I don't know if I have any family left either, I guess we have a lot more in common that you think" I said with a smile on my face. Peter smiled and hugged me tighter, "So, we should unpack all of this" he said motioning to the boxes, I nodded as we headed to unpack all the boxes in the room.

(A few hours of unpacking later)

"Take my knife drive it right through-zy" I said, Peter and I were playing a game I played with Pietro when we were kids, how it works is you say a normal sentence but you add the zy to make it funny. "Okay that was good" he said as he was setting up his new Nintendo Switch. "Your turn" I said as I put some trinkets on the mantle, "My favourite Pokémon is Droozy" Peter said, "Okay my turn, I have PTSD from all the people I killed so I get boo-zy" I said, Peter laughed out loud, he could tell it was true but it was still funny to us, mainly because I don't drink, "Ok ok, Turn on the new-zy" Peter said, I giggled but I quickly composed myself, "Okay, I got another one" I said, "Lay it on me" Peter said, I cleared my throat "My feet are cold I better put on some shoe-zy" I said, Peter burst out laughing and I giggled too, "Okay you win, well done Wanda" he said while hiccuping, he was so red because he was laughing so hard. He took a few deep breaths to calm down, "Okay, did you set up the extra room?" he asked, the extra room is a gaming room/library where our gear is secretly kept, Peter mostly works out there while I help if I'm really needed as not to put him in danger, and I really need to detox from the dark hold, I may be aware of what I'm doing, but I noticed when I teleported away that not all the darkness is gone, I looked at my fingers as Peter walked over to me, "You okay?" he asked, he sounded concerned, my heart soared, but I had no reason why.