Chapter 14: Portals, Guns, and Eating Heads

(Teresa P.O.V)

America and I just ended up in San Francisco, but it looked no different that our home universe. "Am, are you sure we aren't back in our universe?" I asked, "Nope, this is Earth-688, our home is called Earth-616. We're in the right place" she said. We looked out and we saw a bunch of people walking the streets, it was like any normal day, for them at least. "So how are we gonna find Eddie here?" I asked, "We wait, he'll find us" America said. I begun to question in my head, but hey, she knows the multiverse a lot more than I do. We ended up in this store called Chen's Convenience, "I'm a bit hungry, can we take a pit stop?" I asked, "Sure, but you should never skip breakfast" America said jokingly, when we entered the store owner greeted us, "Oh hello" she said. She seemed awesome, "Sup" I said as America waved, we instantly ran to the chips aisle, America grabbed some Sour Cream and Onion, I got Salt and Vinegar. We then heard someone else come in, "Hi Eddie" the owner said, "Hey Mrs C" the man said, "Hi Venom" she said, America and I peeked out from behind the shelves to see a black tentacle emerging from the man's back, "He says hi" Eddie said. 

America and I hid behind the chips isle, "Is that him?" I asked, "Ya think?" America asked. We peeked out and we saw the man talking to himself. "Look buddy, we have to learn how to hide in plain sight, and I'm pretty good at it, but these two, they suck" he said looking directly at us, America and I came out holding our chips, "He told me you were coming" Eddie said, "How did you know that?" America asked, "And whose him?" I asked, Eddie looked around, clearly afraid of something, "We should take this back to my place" he said, but as we were about to leave, a bunch of robbers came in, "Oh this is gonna be fun" I said. America and I charged towards the robbers and took their guns, America had one pinned to the wall while I had the other in a headlock. Eddie then approached us and that black ooze formed over him, looking like Venom from our universe, "You two are good, thanks for trapping my next meal" he said and the next thing we knew, he ate the robbers whole. 

(Earth-688 Eddie P.O.V)

When we got back to my place, the girls were weirded out, or tried their best to not be that confused. "Okay, you bit some dude's heads off" the redhead said, "Yeah, that happens often" I said to them, "They are America Chavez and Teresa Parker, the come from another universe" Venom said in my head, "What? They come from another universe?" I asked him. "Who are you talking to?" The hispanic girl asked. That's when Venom came out of my back, "I am Venom, nice to meet you America Chavez" he said to the hispanic girl, which susses out that the redhead is Teresa. "Okay, that's freaky as shit" Teresa said, "Yeah, he's also a bit, crazy fun" I said while sipping coffee, "I will make cocoa" Venom said while making cocoa for the girls, and a mess. "You need help dude?" America asked, "Tell her I am fine, I know my way around a stove" Venom said, "He's good" I said, "So I'm guessing you wanna know why we're here" Teresa said. "You think?" I asked, "There's a Venom variant that wants to destroy our friend Spider-Man, and we have no idea why" America explained.

"Wait, Spider-Man? Didn't he kill someone in your universe?" Eddie asked, "Nope, that's false, he was framed by an asshole, we got that cleared up a few weeks before we came here, we just gotta present that" Teresa said, I nodded in understanding, "So, he's not a bad guy?" Venom asked, "Nope, I guess not" I said. Venom gave the girls their cocoa albeit leaving some of it on the floor, "Thanks Venom" America said while Teresa saluted, Venom saluted back as his face came out of my back again, "So what's with this variant of me?" Venom asked, "We don't know, but he used to be bonded to Spider-Man, but he was slowly being corrupted" America explained, "Oh, he must've been a good match, but not the best" Venom said, "What do you mean buddy?" I asked, "Symbiotes can influence thinking and emotions to support their needs, but our needs are almost the same, but your Spider-Man must have different views" Venom said, "Yeah, he even bonded to me making me go crazy, and he eventually bonded to another variant of you Eddie" Teresa explained. I was confused, I thought I dreamed that, "You said that was just a dream Eddie" Venom said, "Yeah, me too" I said.