Chapter Four-The Bowling And Embarrassment

My two friends and I sat in silence as we mulled over what we'd just discovered

My two friends and I sat in silence as we mulled over what we'd just discovered. Hard as we tried, it just was taking ages for everything to sink in.

Despite the layers of confusion, two things were absolutely clear. One being that Jamie Fray was a total sham. An identity that didn't exist. The other was that he was up to no good. He couldn't be.

"So what do we have in all?" Loretta broke the silence.

"The obvious brown haired Jamie Fray." Shay started.

"Blonde Collin Rogers. Nerdy, black haired Gilbert Stone."

"And then red haired Noah Peters." Loretta concluded.

We nodded as we stared at the different identities of our literature professor.

"Question is why? Why does he change identities so much?" Shay chewed vigorously on her bottom lip. She yelped when she bit too hard and we rolled our eyes at her, momentarily distracted.

"One day you're going to draw blood from that lip. Quit it already." Loretta grumbled and turned back to her laptop. She scrolled through something and perked up.

"Wait...Collin was a secretary at a company right?" We nodded.

"So was Noah...at a different company." Shay said trying to catch on to what Loretta what trying to put across.

"But Gilbert Stone was a waiter. What are we trying to connect here?" I asked, totally lost.

"Just that...there's news here that says the very week that Collin decided to quit, a worker mysteriously went missing." Loretta said as she read loud and rapid, the whole news.

"Should we be looking for something similar on Noah and Gilbert?" Shay asked already on it.

I followed her lead.

There was nothing on Gilbert ever quitting his job. There was rather news of Gilbert himself dying.

"Wait...that can't be?!" I said shaking my head as I watched pictures of a brutally beaten and bruised male. His physique and hair suggested it was Gilbert.

The girls took a look at the pictures and winced.

"His face isn't even recognizable." Loretta noted.

"But he wore the workers outfit. Now if they concluded it was Gilbert, then it either meant there was no other nerdy black haired worker-" I cut Shay's reasoning off.

"-or there was but he was very much alive." I finished.

"So Gilbert staged his own death. By killing someone else. Who did he kill? And why?" Loretta questioned.

I groaned as my head throbbed from all the thinking.

"Well...three days after Noah left the company he worked in, one Desmond Payne died." Shay added. Loretta slumped back into her chair. I could literally feel the worry rolling off of her in waves.