Chapter Six-The Consent, Theft And Chase

This is a long ass chapter. I kinda got carried away haha.
—————————————————————

"No. Absolutely not." I rejected, shaking my head vehemently. His incredulous idea was making me feel disappointed in the passing moment. I held him on this pedestal, so much so that I'd gotten used to looking up at him in that angle, this proposal was the last thing I expected from him.

His face fell at my declaration. I didn't particularly like that look on him but there was nothing I cared to do about it at the moment.

"Why?" He questioned and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you absurd? Tyler I can't be your girlfriend." I shot at him.

"Pretend girlfriend. We'll just be pretending." He rectified, totally oblivious to the knowledge that, that was the problem.

"You don't realize how that's the issue? I can't pretend to be dating you." He groaned at me.

"Why not? We're very comfortable with each other. We love spending time together. It's so natural with us so why is it such a bad idea?" I shook my head again.

"I'm not denying the staggering connection we share. You're right. I love spending time with you. But another honest fact is we've barely known each other for a month. I know. I know. Sometimes it feels like we've known each other since forever and it's honestly the most intriguing thing I've ever encountered. But Tyler, it's just a feeling. Reality is, we barely know each other." I took a deep breath and looking him square in the eyes, I said.

"You don't really know me Tyler." His eyes narrowed briefly. Eyebrows scrunched together, his hazel pools pinned me to my seat. There was an emotion swirling in his orbs that I couldn't read.

With a look like that, I was scared he'd figure out everything I tried so hard to hide. After all, what he was doing was quite disturbing. Even more disturbing was how I was feeling.

Wasn't it feeling like he was peeling off all those layers that tucked me-the real me- away? Why the fuck then was I feeling so reckless, so out of sanity that I actually wanted, willed him to go right ahead?

What the hell was wrong with me?!

I tore my gaze away from his, finally escaping insanity. What did I think? No one would accept what I was. What I did to people. Who said I could go about announcing the identity I carefully disguised just because I couldn't handle that one boy who looked at me like he knew me more than anyone else.

Because he didn't. He didn't even come close. But that was just the thing. For the first time I wanted someone to come close. And not just anyone but him.

This deduction irked me more than I thought it would.

"Sierra." He called me out of my thoughts. He leaned onto his arms on the table, lifting slightly from his seat and drawing closer. He then asked quietly. "It'll be just pretense. Why do you speak as if it's the real deal?"