Chapter Twenty-The Realization

Chapter song: Naked by James Arthur. Listen on repeat.
_____________________________________________

I burst through Emma's doors to find the said girl shoving stuff into a duffel bag on the bed

"Going somewhere?" I glared. She turned to me, looked me from head to toe and proceeded to giggle.

She fucking giggled.

"You know for someone they claim to be my competition you sure are dumb as fuck." My eyes narrowed into slits as I stalked towards her.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"See? So dumb!" I reached her and grabbed her hair, fisting it and dragging her closer to my chest.

"You killed him didn't you?!" I seethed. His death hadn't settled in yet and I was still in denial.

I so was gonna smash her face in and my fist were practically begging for me to do so.

She chuckled through her pain and questioned right back. "You finally figured it out didn't you?"

Fuck!

I pushed her away from me and landed a heavy blow on her cheek when she turned. The loud cracking sound which resonated in the room gave me satisfaction.

She finally lost all sense to amusement as she cradled her busted lip and glared at me.

"Big mistake Emma. You just made a big one!" I swung and landed a sister punch on the other cheek. She stumbled back. I allowed the rage to take over. His smiling eyes and teasing tone, I let all that fuel me into pummeling mercilessly into her face.

She spat out blood as I landed a third uppercut to her jaws. I was going for another jab when she caught my fist and pushed me back, screaming.

"Enough! You wanna know who really killed him?! It was you!"

What?

My momentary distraction caused me as she closed the distance between us and smashed me right in the eye. Pain shot through the area and I hissed. She swept the rug beneath me and I went down, barely managing to escape hitting my head by twisting to the side.

She paced over me as I nursed both my bruising eyes and the pain from the fall. "So how do you do it? Make a grown ass man who should've just been your lecturer fall for you? Because I tried but apparently, I didn't possess enough charm to succeed."

I stilled, my pain long forgotten. What nonsense was she spewing?!

"Emma I swear-" she cut me off.

"-nothing! One phone call pretending to be you and telling him I was in trouble and he came running like a lovesick bastard...well he was a lovesick bastard. Gosh how I enjoyed pulling those two fucking bullets through his head-"