Chapter Twenty Two-The Story Of A Weary Fighter

Chapter song: Waves by Dean Lewis
____________________________________________

Chapter song: Waves by Dean Lewis ____________________________________________

Jasper quietly got out of his seat and made to leave. Loretta finally reacted.

"No Jasper! Wait! I can explain!" She grabbed his arm. Jasper turned to face her, eyes red like he was trying hard to rein in his emotions.

"Explain what? What could possibly excuse you cheating on me?" He shook his head in defeat.

Loretta was frantic when she said. "I know. Nothing can excuse what I did. But if you'll let me explain things, you'll understand me!"

"I don't want to understand anything Loretta! We're done!" He ripped his arm from hers and made to leave. She followed after him. Strangely, Loretta was limping.

"No! Please, wait! I didn't mean to! I was lonely and I wanted you and you weren't there-"

"What are you talking about?! You were the one who wasn't there! I was waiting for you every single day, every minute!" Jasper accused seemingly pissed off.

Loretta shook her head. "Not that day! You weren't there! I called you countless times-"

"So that one time I'm not there, you decide to cheat?! Wow..." he looked even more hurt. "If that's your explanation Loretta, then you shouldn't have given it because it makes it all worse!"

He turned his back to her but she caught his wrist again. Tears were streaming down her face in angry torrents. "It isn't my explanation! The reason-"

"Save it. I don't want to hear." He snatched his hand back and this time, hastened away. Loretta was persistent. She made to follow after him but her legs gave out and she went hurtling to the floor. She screamed in agony.

"Loretta!" We yelled- Shay, Elliot and I-reaching for her. She tried standing on her feet. She barely took a step before going back down.

Frustration marred her features as she groaned. "Please. Come back." She  sobbed on the floor and Shay stepped in to help.

"Get away from me!" Shay jumped back in guilt. Loretta glared up at her.

"You ruined everything! You! You don't know anything..." she trailed off and started muttering "...you don't understand...."

"Loretta." I called softly and tried reaching her.

"Don't touch me! Go! Leave me alone!" She screamed, her tears never ceasing. Shay began to sob and I stood back, clueless as to what to do.

Loretta tried getting up once more but she couldn't. A determined look crossed her face and tried once more. She stood on her feet but a second later, she was going down.

Elliot caught her at the very last point. They both hit the floor. Lore pushed away from him, asking him to leave her alone.

"No. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying!" He fought her. She hit his chest repeatedly but he held her.