Chapter Ten-The Fun And Cheesy With A Twist

Tyler gave me a whole week worth of space

I hardly heard from him except his good morning texts after which he'd say to have a good day and that was it.

He didn't hover. He didn't let me see him, not at school and most definitely not at the apartment.

It actually helped. I needed sometime away from him and he'd granted me just that.

I thought about it all. It was right that I didn't want to be attached to him. Scratch that...it was right that I shouldn't want to be attached to him.

Read that again. It made much more difference and this difference scared the shit out of me.

All said and done, albeit doing what I was supposed to do, Tyler didn't deserve to be treated as bad as I'd treated him. He did give me the option of backing out. All I had to do was say the words and he'd grant me the out I needed.

But that was just the thing. I didn't want an out.

And I didn't want to dwell too much on the reason behind it. I knew one thing though, I still wanted to help Tyler out.

Hopefully, I'd manage helping him and not getting attached all at once.

With that decided, I took my phone and texted him.

Tyler...

-Sierra.

Or maybe not. It wasn't exactly what I was aiming for but... I guess I was a little nervous, thinking maybe he wasn't ready to talk to me.

My phone pinging the next minute got me jumping up, first, in surprise as I was still stuck in my head and then secondly, at him responding that quick.

Well, that was a good sign.

Except his text was just as uncertain as mine. Talk about mirrored emotions. We were that in-tuned.

Or just expectedly behaved.

I mean we'd gone a whole week without talking, it was understandable why we were stuck on what to say.

Sierra...

-Tyler.

I stared at the text long enough for my vision to blur out of focus. Maybe he wasn't just stuck on what to say. Maybe he was giving me the reins. To tell him what I wanted.

What I'd decided on.

So how was I supposed to start? Do I just say "oh hey...I don't care that my mother doesn't approve of us so let's just move on with dating?"

Fake dating. Don't forget the fake.

Whatever.

I could start with that, I guess.