2

"An hour she said. It should only take an hour." You chuckled to yourself as you looked at the clock. Alex has been gone for the three hours since she left this morning.  After she left you decided to call Tara to vent. You just needed someone who wasn't involved to listen. Tara listened quietly to your rant about Alexander and the chaos that follows him. Until she finally heard a pause and a deep breath did she speak. "Feel better now?" she asked. You chuckled "yeah a little bit."  "Good." Tara chuckles. She goes on to tell you that the best advice she can give you is to talk it out with Alex. Explain to her your feelings and concerns. And while you knew she was right you were scared. Alex doesn't have much immediate family left. And even though her father causes her pain he's still her father.

After your conversation with Tara, you felt better getting all of that out. During Alex's absence, you had time to go over some things you wanted to say, and now all you could do was wait.  And you did for two more hours, by the time Alex arrived home the day was half over. If anyone else were to see you right now they would simply see a girl sitting on the sofa watching TV. However, Alex knew better as she rounded the corner seeing the dazed overlook in your eyes as your mind ran rapidly with thoughts. 

Alex walks over to the sofa taking a seat next to you. She sits silently watching the screen for a few until her gaze shifts over to you. She watches you carefully seeing the storm brewing in your eyes. "I'm sorry I was gone for so long. The contractor was running late and then once we got started time just got away from me," she explains. You nod your head eyes still watching the screen in front of you. Alex sighs playing with her fingers as she waits for you to speak. Once she noticed that you weren't going to say anything she speaks again " Are you going to talk to me?" she asked. Again you said nothing causing her to sigh "I'm sorry about this morning. I told daddy that was uncalled for and it won't happen again. I swear." she tells you waiting for a response. When she is met with silence again she moves closer to you " y/n, please. Please talk to me." she pleads her voice heavy with emotion.

Finally, you turn your head to face her she gives you a small smile when your eyes meet. "All I wanted was to spend time with you today. Ever since your dad arrived all of your time is spent with him. I understand that he's your father and I get it. However, it almost feels like you don't have time for me." you confessed trying to keep your voice steady as you let out a long shaky breath. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" she asked. You chuckled shrugging your shoulders as you tried to speak. "I didn't want to seem needy." you chuckled before a sob breaks through. "I didn't want to cause an argument or be unreasonable. He's your dad of course you want to spend time with him. I just worry that you're jumping headfirst into this." you mumbled as tears progressed.

"My Love I will always have time for you. I'm sorry if I haven't been here a lot. My father is used to people being at his beck and call. Even me. Old habits die hard I suppose. But I promise I will work on it. I never want you to feel like I don't want to be with you. And I'm sorry I made you feel that way I never intend to." she says tears rolling down her cheeks. You nod your head as you move over to climb in her lap. Resting your head on her shoulder your emotions finally take over causing you to break. Alex holds you as you cry running her hands along your back. "I'm sorry." you sobbed into her shoulder. Alex shakes her head "No I'm sorry. If I hadn't been so focused on dad and this plan I would have noticed your distress." she whispered crying softly.

"I don't like this Alex. I feel like we aren't on the same page anymore. I miss you so much even when you're here it's like your not. I like being mad at you." you tell her sniffling. She sighs "I know baby. I don't either. Listen why don't we take one of our trips early? Hmm? This will be just for a few days. But it will give us some time to be alone. Just us. No grey, or Martha, or my dad. Just us." she suggests. "I'd like that," you whispered. Sitting up tilting forward to kiss her softly. "I Love you," you whispered. "I love you too," she says before kissing you again.

The next couple of days go smoothly. Alex informed her job she would be taking a few days off as well as her father. She promised that she would be present and unplugged while the two of you were on vacation. Of course, Alexander was not pleased to hear that she would be gone claiming that he needed her here to help with the firm. However, she didn't fold explaining to him that she had these plans beforehand and that he would be fine for a few days.  The ride there was nice Alex held your hand as she drove occasionally bringing it to her lips placing little kisses along your knuckles. The two of you decided to drive about two hours away to a quiet and private cabin. The cabin belongs to Alex's uncle and he assured her that no one would be there this week.

The two of you settle in pretty quickly. Alex is quick to put away your belongings and start a fire. You watch from the couch as she stares into the flames finally satisfied with her work she gets up and joins you. You smile as she tugs you into her lap holding you tight in her arms. "This cabin is beautiful," you tell her. She nods with a smile "Yes it is." She hums squeezing you in her arms "So what would like to do?" she asked. "We don't have to do anything. I just want to be with you. I like this.  We can do this for now." you tell her settling in her lap dropping your head onto her shoulder. Breathing in deep and then exhaling as you relax and close your eyes. She smiles as her hand plays in your hair. "Well, then this is what we'll do," she whispered laying her head back against the couch as she closes her eyes.