11

This journey will be a long one and you know that. Alex has to talk about several things before she can even start her healing process. Her childhood, her parents, WITSEC, Robert, Jim, Olivia, You, etc. The process has only begun and it's already taking its toll. Alex is scheduled for therapy three times a week until further notice. She's been put under strict orders to take a couple of weeks off from work and to eliminate unnecessary stress.

You've been supportive and talked with her therapists about ways you can help her. You even set up your sessions so you could work on some things as well.  Alex acts like everything is fine but you can tell that bringing up all these old wounds is taking a toll on her. Walking into your bedroom you see her sitting back against the headboard. She sighs as her pens stills against the pages of her journal the therapist reminded. "You okay?" you asked. "I'm fine. You don't have to ask me that 24/7." she snaps. "Okay," you whispered walking into the bathroom. Alex sighs getting up from the bed to follow you. Wrapping her arms around your waist she smiles at you through the mirror. "I'm sorry."  "It's alright," you tell her smiling back.

"It's not! I shouldn't snap at you. I'm just annoyed." she says. You nod your head "do you want to talk about it?" you asked. "Not really." she sighs. Moving her hands up your body her hands grabbed each of your breasts squeezing them "Can't we do something else?" she husked in your ear. You chuckled " As much as I'd like to I started today." you tell her. Her lips kiss a path up your neck as she shrugged her shoulders "You know I don't care." she says. "I know but it's the first day and my cramps are really bad." you groaned. Her head drops to your shoulder "fine." she sighs walking off. "Alex," you called for her. "No, it's fine y/n. Don't worry about it. " she says walking out the room. You sighed watching her walk away with fresh tears.

Over the next couple of days, those little outbursts happened a lot. Anytime Alex felt stressed or mentally exhausted from her therapy she took it out on you. Once she cooled off she'd come back apologizing.  You tried to overlook it. Talking to her therapist and yours about to figure out the best way to respond and communicate. You tried to not take it personally she was going through a lot but Alex makes it hard.

The two of you had just arrived back home from your sessions Alex was silent the whole way home. You asked her if she wanted to talk about it and she yelled back a no. So you stayed silent in the seat next to her. Whatever she had discussed during her session was bothering her. Walking into the house Alex makes a beeline for the kitchen leaving you behind as you hang your bag and remove your shoes. Walking around the corner Alex was in mid pour of filling her wine glass with her back towards you. "Are sure you don't want to talk Alex?" you asked looking towards her.  "Goddamnit!" she yells smacking her hands against the counter. She spins around to face you. "For the last time, I don't want to talk about it!" she screams. "Just fucking leave me alone," she screams throwing her class against the wall. You gasp jumping at the sound of glass smashing against the wall. Keeping your eyes low you walk out of the room trying to hold back your tears.

Alex leans back against the counter exhaling a long deep breath. Looking towards the glass on the floor she sighs "Fuck." After cleaning up the glass she heads upstairs to find you. Walking into the bedroom seeing no sign of you she listened. Hiccups followed by a soft cry could be heard from the bathroom. Walking towards the door she grabs for the knob pushing against the door expecting it to open. You gasped loudly as the door rattled. Alex stops when she hears you dropping her head against the door as she cries. "Y/n I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry." she sobs. You cry you listen to her words and painful sobs. Sniffling you answer " I just need a minute Alex." "Okay," she answers from the other side of the door. Listening for the bedroom door to close you cry out in agony as soon as it closes. Alex covers her mouth as she slides down the bedroom door in tears hearing your sobs.