CHAPTER 17 ➣ I Was Never A Librarian

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: The music does not belong to me, nor the video. Please credit the original sources
💜

◦◦◦─╌⊰ ⚜ ⊱⧐ ♛ ⧏⊰ ⚜ ⊱╌─◦◦◦

Jungkook set his plan in motion as soon as they all agreed to it. Which took quite a bit of convincing through a long and heated exchange.

"This is crazy! You want to take on that Butcher fellow all by yourself! He's huge, not to mention experienced and way older than you! He will crush you like a bug!" Yoongi barked at Jungkook, who was still sitting on the same crate, rolling his eyes.

"Yes. And in case you haven't noticed he's got a crew to back him up," added Hoseok.

"Oh, bloody hell, bothers! Just follow my lead and shut up for once!"

With groans of lamentation, they followed Jungkook to the first-class, restaurant wagon, where John Luck and his crew of idiots would usually hang out.

The boy spot them at the far back table, and winked at a resigned Yoongi and irritated Hoseok, before walking toward the trio of bounty hunters. They passed by the bar, poured some drinks, and sat on the table next to them, separated by a little low wooden wall.

"Kook the Biscuit, guys, how is it hanging?" John said without taking his eyes off his card deck.

The little towers of betting coins trembled by the train's movement, and McDevan the Red would keep trying to straiten them, while Dereck Two Fingers blew his nose louder than the train's engine.

"How are you doing guys?" Jungkook asked, resting his chin on the separation, blinking innocently.

"Eh, you know, enjoying this boring ride," replied John Luck with a sigh.

"Where have Butcher and the others gone off to?"

The bounty hunter snorted, obviously vexed.

"Where else? Those little shits feel like they're better than everyone else, so they like to hang out in the front wagon, where all the best booze is at!" Said Two Fingers angrily.

"Hmm...," Jungkook acted as if he was reflecting on his next words.

"Hey Luck, I've got an idea."

John Luck lifted his gaze lazily.

"So, listen. Why don't we ditch these assholes and go find this princess by ourselves, eh?" he said excitedly.

His words were like a wake-up slap. All three bounty hunters turned to stare at him. John luck let his cards slip his fingers, McDevan The Red coughed the smoke he forgot to blow out, and Dereck Two Fingers bulged his red eyes looking like a rabid owl.

"Are you insane, boy?!" shrieked John Luck, "This is a Hisashi operation! They'll have our heads on a platter!"

"Our heads will be on a platter anyway," Jungkook cut him off calmly.

"What are you talking about, Biscuit?" Barked McDevan The Red, looking as idiotic as ever.

"Listen. We're talking about five-hundred-thousand gold Eastern coins, mates!" He toned on every word of the sum, "More money than the gangs have ever gathered in generations! Do you really think they will let a bunch of low-life bounty hunter scum like us lay a finger on that money?"

"Err....no?" The Red took a wild guess, holding up his fingers, struggling with simple calculations.

"What are you getting at?" John Luck narrowed his eyes.

"Think about it for a moment. Pearce The Butcher is a famous hunter that works for the Hisashis. He's probably here to see this operation through, but when we succeed and have the princess, his job is to eliminate us. He knows he can't look for her alone, the continent is vast and more than one enemy is looking for her. We're just a means to an end," he explained.