CHAPTER 20 ➣ Train Wreck Part 1

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: The music does not belong to me, nor the video. Please credit the original sources
💜

◦◦◦─╌⊰ ⚜ ⊱⧐ ♛ ⧏⊰ ⚜ ⊱╌─◦◦◦

"Bloody hell, Hoseok, what the hell was that?!" Shriek Yoongi, in complete shock.

Rare for him to express such raw emotion, even in dire straits. But what he had witnessed had overwhelmed his senses.

He stared at Hoseok dumbfounded while brushing his tussled hair back to its default state.

Hoseok rolled up his sleeves, cracked his fingers, and gained an expression of focus. He turned to look at a bewildered Yoongi with a raised eyebrow.

"Quit gawking at me like that, and let's get this airship running, yeah?" He snapped his fingers in front of Yoongi's face, startling him.

"Eh...ah...yeah, of course..." He stuttered.

They quickly moved to the cargo wagon. They pulled the protective covering from the airship and climbed on its wooden platform to inspect it. It was military-grade of Eastern engineering, with some of its parts cleverly folded, or removed for transportation.

"Alright, so how the hell do we get this thing in the air?" Asked Yoongi rhetorically.

The boys exchanged a glance and shrugged their shoulders.

"Aren't you supposed to be savvy with this Inventor stuff?" Hoseok asked him, crossing his arms.

"I think you're mistaking me for Y/N, brother," he replied extending an arm to open the hatch, "I know how to pilot them, not build them."

He sat on the pilot's seat and studied the surroundings. Hoseok craned his neck to observe him.

"Maybe there's a manual somewhere," he suggested with uncertainty.

He opened the glove compartment and to his sheer luck, he found a parch of paper with the instructions. His heart gave a small thump of joy.

Hoseok leaned on Yoongi's shoulder to read. It was surprisingly clear, perhaps made to be understood by regular soldiers so they wouldn't have to appeal to Inventors to assemble it.

"Seems easy enough..." Commented Yoongi, "Let's get to work, shall we?"

They gathered all the pieces tied up on the skeleton of the ship and spent the rest ten minutes screwing, buttoning, and fastening them in their respective positions. They both panted at the exercise of carrying the heavy pieces around the cramped spaces of the wagon.

"Alright, that should be the last piece," Yoongi scratched the back of his neck while reading the manual, "Roll that crank over there to open the roof," he pointed.

With sweat soaking his hair from the physical labor, Hoseok leaped to the side and did so as he was instructed.

As he was rolling the lever, the roof slowly retracted, splitting in half. The daylight and blue sky shed light inside the wagon, the fresh morning air filling their noses. Hoseok squinted at the dazzling brilliance reflected on the windows of the airship.

Yoongi then crouched to roll another lever of a mechanism at the base of the ship. The platform started raising until the airship was completely exposed to the outside. The gust of wind quaked the vehicle that was tightly strapped with large leather bands on the base.

The two brothers climbed to the top and entered the ship. Hoseok fastened his seatbelts on the passenger seat and watched as Yoongi did the same while reading the last lines of instructions in the manual.