CHAPTER 21 ➣ Train Wreck Part 2

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: The music does not belong to me, nor the video. Please credit the original sources
💜

◦◦◦─╌⊰ ⚜ ⊱⧐ ♛ ⧏⊰ ⚜ ⊱╌─◦◦◦

Hoseok gasped a low moan of terror. He reached out his left hand and gripped his brother's shoulder receiving a painful whine.

Yoongi lost control of the airship for a moment, shocked by his bother's reaction. He had fired the first sets of rockets at the last wagon, so he assumed that the explosion had scared him off. But no. The dread in his widened eyes and contorted facial expression was of a different source.

"Hoseok, what's wrong?!" He exclaimed feeling his brother's fingers dig into his flesh.

Hoseok panted frantically, his other hand pressing against his chest as if having a heart attack, trying to pacify his rapid, wheezing breath.

"HOSEA!!!" Yoongi shouted his real name in panic. He had never seen him so frightened since the head of the Royal Secret Agents threatened his life.

"It's Jun...!" He cried on the verge of hysteria, turning to shoot Yoongi with a horrified look.

Gazing into his bloodshot eyes and pale complexion, Yoongi felt his blood freeze up in his veins. Hoseok's fear instantly inundated his emotions. His heart began drumming the same way it did when he learned of Namjuniel's death.

His mind shut. The vision of the horizon over the windshield window of the ship blurred out. The seconds became hours. He was so deep in an endless trench of grisly shock that it took him several seconds to notice that Hoseok had leaped out of his seat, opened the door hatch, and kneeled on the edge of the exit, with the wind lashing on his hair and clothes.

His heart skipped a beat, but before he could let out cautionary screams and angry inquiries, he saw him moving his arms with bizarre circular gestures, similar to the ones he had been doing when practicing magic. The bright light of the morning sun glowed Hoseok's focused expression. His eyes shut and jaw tightly contracted, puffing up the veins of his neck and the muscles of his sharp jawline.

A strange vibration, different from the airship's engine tremors, shivered the metal hull of the airship. Yoongi first glanced down at his feet, then at Hoseok, but eventually his eyes caught a different movement. At first, he thought he was imagining things, but then a sharp wheeze escaped his wide-open mouth.

First in line came the last wagons of the train, then every other one, each time following the next, ultimately lifting the entirety of the clandestine train of the Hisashi gang several dozen meters above the tracks, floating mid-air, as if hoisted by an invisible and massive crane. It drifted in the air with the same momentum, parallel to their airship.

"OH MY GODS, HOSEA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Billowed Yoongi, overwhelmed by astonishment and dread, but without attaining even the slightest dent in Hoseok's focused trance.

"I am casting an anti-gravity spell. The same Supportive Magic* the Easteners use to fly their military airships," Hoseok explained, without defocuing, "Now shut up and don't move the ship!"

(*Supportive Magic = Is the type of magic Inventors, who are also Sorcorers, use to assist in the function of a complex engineering device. Selenya, or Y/N, was secretly (because in the Western Realm magic was prohibited by King Yengis) studying to become a specialist in Supportive Magic as well as an Inventor)

He clenched the steering wheel of the airship so tightly that he cut the circulation of blood in his fingers. He could do nothing but keep the airship steady and stare at the breathtaking image of an actual flying train next to him.