Chapter 1: Where I Handed You My Handkerchief

It was a rainy Monday morning and Gwen wasn't having it. She groaned as  she ran to the nearest covered pathway from the parking lot that was leading to the main buildings. She was running late so she got in her car as fast as she can and drove off to school. It was cloudy and she knew it was gonna rain but she still forgot to grab the umbrella before leaving and not long after the rain started pouring as she was driving to school. That leads us to Gwen running, trying not to get wet.

"Darn it!" She hissed. "I look like a chick that got wet. Fuck you rain!" She added as she tried drying herself.

A handkerchief was being handed to her while she was fixing her skirt. When she looked up, she saw Felix handing it to her while trying to close his umbrella with one hand. She wondered if he was actually handing it to her.

"Take it, Gwen. Your hair is wet." He said after fixing his umbrella and using it as cane to lean on. She grabbed it hesitantly making Felix shake his head. "A thank you would be nice." He said as he walked away.

She stood there in disbelief that Felix actually lend his handkerchief to her and she just watched him walk away without thanking him. I wasn't a bitch who'd bully nerds if they tried to talk to me. But Felix Griffith don't talk and care about anybody except Jackson his bestfriend, the jock of our school. 'So why did he gave me the handkerchief?' She thought to herself, as she hurriedly dried herself realizing the time.

~~~

She arrived in her classroom just in time before it hit her that its her Business Management class where Felix and her are classmates. 'I need to thank him.' She told herself as she walked into class.

She automatically saw Felix who was busy highlighting notes on his book. Her seat was right behind him, she sat there and didn't know if she should bother him or not.

Little did she know that even though Felix was busy with his advance studying, he was wondering if she would actually thank him or not but it doesn't matter if she won't. Like who would actually give a fuck about a nerd, right? When he arrived to school this morning, he already saw Gwen running to the covered pathway. He held onto his umbrella tightly, wanting to help her but she was already close to the covered pathway so he just continued walking while watching her mumble words while trying to dry herself. She was wet and she might catch a cold from it. Instinctively, he took his handkerchief out and handed it to her without saying anything while fixing his umbrella. She grabbed it but didn't say anything so he left and started walking to class.

He felt someone poke him from behind and he knew who it was. "Uhm- Hi. I- Uhm-" She stuttered and then took a deep breath. "Thank you for lending me your handkerchief earlier. I'll wash it well and give it to you tomorrow." She said so awkwardly. 'Why did she stutter?' They both thought at the same time.

Before he could say anything else their professor came in and greeted everyone. She thought she saw Felix smirk as the prof came in but she just brushed it off thinking he was excited about class as all nerds are.

~~~

"Everyone, listen up." The prof clapped his hands loudly to catch everyone's attention who was busy fixing their bags thinking class was over. "Before I release you, I wanna tell you all in advance that you have a month and a half left for this semester and I'll just make it easy for you guys." He smiled an evil one, making everyone groan expecting the worst. "You'll be spending the remaining days woking on a project-" You can already imagine how students reacted to the word 'project'. "But as I said, I'm gonna make it easy for you. You'll be doing your project by pair."