Chapter 9: That's My Girl

The dinner ended with laughter and more knowledge about each other's families. The Jones' own a wine manufacturing company and Manny kept introducing different wines to Gwen, asking if one day he could take her out. The only person who'd answer was Felix, saying she was too busy with school and other important matters. Manny would completely ignore Felix which is making Felix more furious.

Felix doesn't understand where the anger was coming from. He never encountered any man that would make him feel this way when it's regarding to Gwen. He didn't like how Gwen was actually getting entertained by that man. Gwen did notice how Felix was acting which she find it amusing.

"Let me help you clean up." Manny offered when he saw her gathering the plates.

"We can manage, Manuel." Felix stopped him when he tried to reach out to Gwen. "Your family brought us the fish we all ate and you helped me cook. We can take it from here. Thanks, dude." Felix said but not in a kind way.

"What's your deal, man?" Manny leaned back into his seat laughing. "I'm quite confused. Your dad said you three are the kids." He continued, quoting the kids. "Who is she? You sorta seem to hate her when you said she's not your sister. Is she like the bastard of your dad?" Gwen didn't like what Manny said. She knew he was a kind man at first, but now he's being an asshole. "Oh wait, is she like your helper? Taking care of your little sister and then your parents end up adopting her? That's why you said she's not your sister?" He said laughing.

Gwen was shocked at her own actions when she felt the stinging of her palms as it hit Manny's face. Then tears streamed down her face. "Take it back." She said grimly. Their parents looked at their way clearly shocked at sound of someone getting slapped. "Take what you said back!" Gwen yelled.

"Oh, sweetheart. Was one of my guesses right? Was it supposed to be a secret?" Manny walked closer to her, wiping her tears.

"Don't fucking touch her." Felix grabbed her and pushed Manny back.

"And you can? What kind of brother are you?" Manny said laughing.

"I told you, she is not my sister." Felix said and stood in front of Gwen who was still sobbing behind him.

"Ah I see. So both of you are dating or maybe married?" He chuckled at his realization and then tilted his head looking at Gwen. "You deserve so much better, Gwenny." He smiled looking at Felix from head to toe. Felix was ready to come at him but Gwen was tugging at his shirt.

"Manuel!" Manny's father yelled as he walked to them. Manny just shrugged and walked away heading back to their RV.

"I'm so sorry." Manny's mother apologized. "He's not like that. I don't know what's gotten into him." She explained. "Gwen, Felix, darlings, I'm so sorry." She said and then turned to Felix's parents. "I'm sorry, you guys. We're gonna go now." Felix's parent's nodded at them and turned to face Felix and Gwen.

"Son, go take Gwen in your room. Your mom and I can finish cleaning up." His father said and Felix nodded.

"I'll try to come back and help." Felix said and guided Gwen inside the RV but Gwen shook her head.

"No, I should help." She said wiping her tears away.

"Sweetheart, it's okay. Go get some rest." His mother said giving her a warm smile and she finally gave in and nodded.

Felix guided her back up to their room and he made her sat there. He kneeled down and wiped her tears. He was bothered seeing her in pain. He didn't want her to be sad. He just wanna see her happy and smiling. He found himself reaching out to hug her and in his arms she cried harder.