Chapter 11: He's Being Distant

"Hey, guys." Gwen greeted Felix and Jackson as she reached the cafeteria.

"What took you guys so long?" Felix replied getting up to pull Gwen's seat.

"Chris here had a debate with our prof that's why we got held for a bit." Gwen replied sitting beside Felix, giving him a smile. The sight made Christian grimaced a bit and then he sighed.

"Well I was right tho. She's not being a teacher if she just let us read, you know." Christian spat.

"That I can agree with." Jackson nodded while pointing at Christian.

"I don't know how you get good grades when you hate studying." Felix shook his head. "You're making me think like you've been sleeping with the teachers all this time." What Felix added made Gwen flinch and somehow Christian noticed.

"You good, Gwen?" She was too lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear Christian talked to her. She was thinking about what Felix said but in a sense putting Felix in that shoes but he's the one giving the ladies their grades. 'He probably slept almost half of the ladies in our batch.' She told herself.

"Hey. Gwen?" Felix placed a hand on Gwen's shoulder making her jump a little because of it. She looked horrified and still lost in her thoughts. It was clear in their faces that they're worried from how she reacted.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me, I'll be back in a bit." Gwen said getting up and went straight to the restrooms.

As she entered the restroom, she noticed no one was there even though it was lunch break. She sighed, she needed time alone. Felix was being a bit distant lately and is feeling a bit comfortable with Christian being around with her. Christian was starting to become part of their circle of friends but not quite. She leaned on the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. 'Is it all my imagination?'

It's been two weeks since classes started and Felix haven't been showy with his feelings towards her for the past few days. He's not being the jealous self he is when it comes to Christian. He doesn't even mind having lunch with him anymore or letting Gwen walk her to the cafeteria. Felix hangs out at her house lesser than usual. He's being distant.

Gwen reached out to the faucet to wash her hands and let the cool water soothe her, letting all the negativity disappear. When she was a bit sure that she was feeling okay, she left the restroom and walked back to their table. But she abruptly stopped on her tracks when she saw the most scariest thing she could ever see. Kaitlyn was beside Felix while they were working on something probably an activity together. Her thoughts were going crazy she didn't know what to do.

"Gwen!" She snapped back to reality when Jackson called to her. She looked at him and then to Felix who looked like he knew what was going on inside her head. She immediately turned her back and walked away.

"No, Gwen. Wait!" Felix immediately got up on his seat but Kaitlyn held his arm not letting him leave.

"Felix, we have to finish this. It's due Friday. You've been ignoring the activity." Kaitlyn pleaded. Her voice was laced with innocence but Felix knew more.

"I'll go after her. You better finish that fast, bro." Jackson said getting up.

"No, I'll go. She needs me right now." Felix said, trying to pull his arm from Kaitlyn's grip but she was holding onto him tightly.

"Just finish that! You should've told her." Jackson said, clenching his fist clearly irritated at both Felix and Kaitlyn. Mostly at Kaitlyn. Felix sighed and got back on his seat, nodding at Jackson to which he immediately stormed off trying to catch up with Gwen.