Chapter 12: You Guys Sing?!

🖋 Apology Note

Hi readers! I'm sorry I haven't posted any updates for a while, I was losing hope on the story. Didn't really get much interactions from you guys. I kinda procrastinated the whole time. But then I noticed it reached 1k views, I've gotten some votes and some added it to their reading lists. Somehow people still see this book. Therefore, I will continue uploading chapters and finish this book soon. Thank you for reading ❤️

~~~

"Happy birthday again, sweetheart." Gwen's mother greeted her one last time before leaving the Felix's residence.

"Thanks mom. Bye dad and thank you for the present." Gwen responded with a huge smile on her face. For a girl who doesn't like celebrating birthdays, she was indeed happy and contented today.

"You're welcome, cupcake. Felix, thank you for this surprise and you better take care of my daughter." Gwen's dad said with a little tone of threat towards Felix.

"I will, Sir." Felix replied, smiling proudly.

"Dad, I'm just staying for the night." Gwen then shooed her parents, in which making them all laugh. Not long after, her parents already drove off.

Gwen and Felix went back inside and walked to the kitchen. Staring at how much dishes were to be cleaned, plus the decorations on the whole house. This was such a big cleaning to do.

"Don't worry, I hired someone to do the cleaning tomorrow. For now, you need to come with me coz the surprises ain't over yet, my love." Felix said, wrapping his arms around her and leaving a kiss on her head. Gwen sighed in contentment.

Felix took Gwen's hand and guided her up to his room. As they entered, Gwen was greeted with a huge teddy bear that was leaning on the window. She was about to run to it when she saw two other boxes beside it.

"Are those mine?" Gwen chirped in glee, looking at a smiling Felix. He just gave her a nod and she went straight to bear and crashed on to it. With Gwen's small size, she was like laying a bean bag that was made for her since the teddy bear was bigger than her.

"That wasn't really the big surprise but your reaction was better than any 'thank you' I could get." Felix said.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't mean to." Gwen immediately looked behind her and already saw Felix standing there with a big smile on his face. "Thank you." Gwen added, her head down while blushing so hard from embarrassment and gratitude.

"Come on, get up. We still have other boxes to open." Felix replied, his smile never fading. She got up so fast like a kid about to open her presents on Christmas.

"I thought the whole surprise party was my birthday gift." Gwen said as she sat on the bed while looking at Felix who's carrying the two boxes her way.

"That was the first gift." He replied as he sat in front of her, pushing the boxes towards her. "Open them."

"So I have four gifts?" She asked as she opened the first box.

"Maybe." She stopped and looked at him with one eyebrow raised. "Just open it." He said while shaking his head in amusement.