C H A T P E R - T H I R T E E N

Paisley's POV (Monday)

I went to my locker and entered my combination and pulled out some books that I needed for class. My mind kept drifting off to what happened Thursday night with Jason. That he claimed me as his.

I don't know what he sees on me that made him want me so bad. I mean, out of all the good-looking girls, he chose me.

I'll admit that I like him but I can't just jump from one relationship to the next. I'm not that kind of person, though I did cheat on him. I felt bad about it because that's not me.

After getting my things, I shut my locker and nearly jumped in fright seeing him in front of me. I rolled my eyes and glared at him. ''What do you want Khalil?'' I asked rudely.

''Can we talk?'' he asked nervously rubbing the back of his neck. He has dark circles under his eyes and his hair is unkempt.

I hugged my books closely to my chest and put on a straight face. ''I have nothing to say to you,'' I said coldly, and walk past him.

''Paisley, please.'' He begged. He grabbed my arm and I look back at him seeing a desperate look on his face. I yank my arm away from him and stare at him in disgust. ''Just leave me alone, Khalil. I have to get to class,'' I said in annoyance and walk off.

Suddenly, I was pushed into a empty classroom. I turn around and stare at him in anger.

''What the hell! Khalil? I don't want to talk to you!'' I yelled.

''Can you just shut up and listen to me! Dammit!'' I flinched at his sudden outburst.

He sighed. ''I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell-''

''Just say what you want to say so I can get to my class.'' I cut him off. I gave him a blank look.

Khalil sighed. ''Look, you gotta believe me when I say that Kylie set me up. She fucking spiked my drink and I know for a fact that Jason was in on this,'' he said. He took few steps towards me and grab my hand and caress my knuckles. ''I know Jason's your friend or whatever but he's not what you think he is. I-''

I cut him off by scoffing. I took my hand away from his and shook my head. ''Quit making excuses, Khalil. I know Kylie long enough to know that she wouldn't spike anyone's drink just to sleep with them. And Jason? He would never do anything to hurt me,'' I said. Jason is a nice guy and harmless. He wouldn't do anything to hurt me but then again, I can't be too sure.

Khalil sighed frustration . ''Do you not see what he's doing to you? He got you wrapped around his finger. I swear, you don't pay attention to nothing'' He asked.

I rolled my eyes. ''I am not wrapped around nothing not even Jason's finger. I have to get to class,'' I said and walk around him. I stop and turn to face him. ''Also, what you and me have is now over.''

I see the sadness flooding his eyes. He nodded. ''I know. You said that over a text,'' he said.

''I look at him confused. I don't remember breaking up with him over a text. This is getting weird.

I just left the room and went to my class.

A smiled came across my face seeing Jason sitting at our table typing away in his phone. ''Hey Jay!'' I said.

He look up from his phone and turn to me before a huge smile curved onto his lips. ''Hey princess.'' He shoved his phone into his pocket giving me his full attention.

''Before you say anything, I want to tell you that I finally broke things off with Khalil so now I'm single!'' I said. Its been a while since I was single. I kinda missed the single life.

Jason's eyes lit up in happiness and his smile widen. ''Really?'' he said somewhat excited. I nodded my head. ''Yup!'' I smiled.

Jason grinned. ''Good. Now he won't get in between us,'' he said squeezing my thigh. Shivers went up my spine just hearing him say that sounds. . . sinister like.

Like something bad is going to happen in the future. I really do need to keep a good look out for anything that could happen to me.