chapter twenty-seven

Paisley's POV

I open the oven and grab the sliver tray and placed it top of the glass surface of the stove and shut the door. I took the cooking glove off and place it in the hanger. I grab the plate from the cubby and place the dinosaur chicken nuggets into the plate and squirted some ketchup on the open space on the side next to them.

Then I bring the plate over to Everest who's watching Paw Patrol. "Here's your nuggets." I placed them on the coffee table.

"Thank you, Auntie!" She smile gleefully at me and begins eating.

I smile back at her and went to sit down on the couch. I grab my bag that was on the floor and unzip it up and pull out my homework and got started on doing it.

40 minutes has passed and I heard knocking at the door.

I look over at Everest and see her knocked out on the couch. I got up and went to open the door. I look through the key hole and was surprised to see Alison there.

I unlock the door and swing it open. "Hey Alison, what are you doing here?" I question.

She scoffed. "I'm here to visit my friend who ghosted me for the past few days. May I come in?"

I nodded and stood aside letting her come in.
I closed the door and turn to see Alison placing a bag on the kitchen table.

"Um what's in that?" I asked.

"Food. I figured you would be hungry. Besides we can't talk without any food involve.I've brought some food." She sit at the island and pass me a plate of food. I sat down on the stools and open the plate. There's rice, chicken, fries, and lasagna. "Thank you." I politely smile at her.

She hummed in response because there's already food in her mouth. "So, why have you been avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?" She asked once she's done swallowing down the rice.

I shook my head. "No, you didn't do anything and I don't mean to ignore you. It's just that. . .Jason is uncomfortable with me talking to other people." I told her, feeling a little guilty. I really don't mean to ignore her but what Jason said really put fear in me from trusting other people.

She arch her eyebrow at me. "Wait you stop talking to me because of your boyfriend?" She gave me a confused look.

I nervously nodded at her. "I don't want to upset him."

Alison shook her head. "You know, that's a red flag. Right?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I know. I just don't want to anger him." I look down at my food that I haven't eaten yet.

I heard Alison sighed. "Okay. Just be careful. Okay?"

I look back at her and nodded. "I will." I smile.  She returned the smile.

"So, what have you been up to?" I asked taking a bite of the chicken. She shook her head and scoffed. "So much shit had happened." Then she proceeds to tell me about a guy she had a one night stand after she met him at the club to his girlfriend blowing up her phone with angry voicemails and text messages threatening to beat her up.

I found it funny that the girlfriend would direct her anger towards Alison instead of her boyfriend who stepped out on her.

I shook my head. Why do women do that?

We had finished eating our food and carried on talking about whatever. Chantal had picked up Everest.

We talked and hanged out for a couple of hours until it was time for her to go.

It feels nice to have a friend to talk to.