C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y O N E

Jason's POV

"I'm home!" I close the door behind me after letting Paisley in.

"I'm in kitchen! I'll be there soon!" My mom shouted back.

I watched her take a look around the place nervously. I took her hand into mine and she looks up at me. I gave her a reassuring smile and she returned it shyly.

God, she is so beautiful. I am so damn lucky to have her.

I heard heels clicking on the floor and Mom came out with a warm smile.

"Mom, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Paisley. Paisley, this is my mother." I introduce them to each other.

"Oh so you are the one that my son has been talking about." Mom step towards her and held out her hand. "It's finally nice to meet you."

Paisley shook her hand. "Y-You too, Mrs. Carpenter." Paisley smiled awkwardly.

"Oh please call me Kristen." Mom smiled.

Paisley just smiled and tighten her grip on my hands from the nervousness built up inside her.

So cute!

"Anyways, I have to use the bathroom real quick. Why won't you two get to know each other while I'm gone?" I look between the two.

Mom smiled sweetly. "Of course. I don't mind wanting to know from Paisley."

I glance over at Paisley and see her looking at the ground. I slightly nudge her on the shoulder and lifts her head at me.

"Will you be okay?" I asked.

She slowly nodded her head. "I'll m-manage." She stuttered. I smiled and peck her soft cheek.

"I'll be back." I look between the two again and left them alone to the bathroom.

-----------------

PAISLEY'S POV

Kristen narrowed her eyes at me and I got goosebumps from her hard stare. I looked down at my shoes feeling intimidated by her.

"Sit." She says in a cold tone and I took a seat on the fancy black couch.

I watch her walk over to the bar and grab a glass cup and a bottle of wine.

She came to the couch and sat down and place the glass and bottle on the table in front of us.

She opens the bottle and pour some into the glass. Then she grab the glass and crossing her leg over the other and took a small sip of the wine.

She eyed me from head to toe closely. "Paisley, is it? There's no need to be nervous about? I won't bite." She said and that sends shivers up my spine. I swallowed a lump in my throat and begin playing with my fingers to calm down my nerves.

"Do you love my son?" She asked.

"W-Well, I wouldn't say l-love yet but I-I do like J-Jason a lot," I said genuinely.

She just looks at me and nodded. "Look, I'm going to get straight to the point." She says, staring me down. "I don't believe you're right for my son. You see, Jason is different. Very different and I don't want anything bad to happen to you or anyone."

I look at her confused. I'm not upset about her saying I'm not right for Jason. I'm kinda surprised not expecting her saying she doesn't want anything bad to happen to me.

I cleared my throat. "What do you mean by Jason is different? Is there something I should know?" I asked getting freak out.

Then she looks at me with pity. "All I'm gonna say is to be careful when you're around him or anyone. He gets jealous, really jealous and that leads to anger eventually leads him to do. . . unimaginable things. Once he sets his mind on something, he'll do whatever it takes to achieve it by doing what it means necessary." She explained but she's not telling me the answer. She took another sip of her glass. "Please again, be careful and be aware of your surroundings. You don't know what he's capable of."

I felt my heart pounding in my chest but in a bad way. Judging by her tone and posture, there's something wrong with Jackson. I mean, Landon also told me the same thing too but he was cut off before he could tell me anything else.

Wait! Was he trying to warn me about Jason?

I sigh. This whole thing is getting weird and I don't like it one bit.

"Anyway, I'll head upstairs." Kristen drown down the glass of wine and stood up. "It was nice meeting you, Paisley." She smile warmly at me.

"You too, Mrs. H- I mean Kristen." I return the smile.

She went upstairs leaving me alone with my thoughts.

If there is something wrong with him just like Kristen and Landon said then why does it have to do with me?

Why Jason associated himself with me? Why is he so infatuated with me? What about me that got his attention?

What is his secret that everyone is afraid about? Is he some sort of a crazed manic? Have he done something so bad that got everyone shaken?

I breathe out. Those are the questions that probably won't get answered so I'll take it into my hands. I'll find out what he's hiding.

I suddenly felt a uneasy feeling my stomach. I just got a bad feeling things won't turn out good.