Prologue

edited by: asyssj from Ao3

'I can do it too,' you thought as you looked at the alpha who got praised by the teachers for receiving high scores.

But all you got was, "Did you cheat?"

Staring at your teacher blankly, 'I see... What a world we are living in,' thought the grade schooler.

When alphas are in the first place it's 'normal'. But when it's a beta who does it then it means they just 'got lucky'.

Ever since that time, you rigged the scores you got purposely lowering your score but still in the average scores.

Your parents never noticed. Praising you for that score. Smiling ever so brightly.

'It's okay like this,' you thought to yourself.

As the time goes by, your pheromones start to fade away alarming your parents. They hurriedly went to the hospital.

Most cases, when pheromones start to fade, it will only mean your years are numbered. But in reality you didn't feel a thing. Not pain, not even being breathless.

When the doctor checked on you, you saw his scared look. Some people you never knew start showing up.

Your parents never noticed...

But you did.

One of them is the guy who wears red glasses and... a pink coat. He smiled. Even waved in your direction. The guy next to him wears the same coat but in black, Cigarette on his lips. You noticed the two of them first.

Shortly after that you realize there was another person. Another man, who seems to be acquainted with your father. He has a jolly smile, curvy mustache. Even kids know this guy.

He is Gol D. Roger and the base in your parents' conversation.

That man called your dad, 'Brother'.