Chapter 13

*Freya's P.O.V*

"Is Lord Heisenberg a bad guy?" I questioned Bela who was helping me in the greenhouse. Lady Dimitrescu had left her in charge of me while she handled some very important phone calls with Mother Miranda.

"No, he and Mother just do not get along," Bela answered as she handed me my little trowel to dig the holes for the seeds I wanted to plant.

"How come she said I'm not allowed to meet him then?" I questioned as I sat down in front of the planters, starting to dig the holes. Bela kneeled next to me, starting to put the seeds as I finished the holes.

"Because he would tell Mother Miranda about you and Mother Miranda would probably see you as a distraction from the Ceremony," Bela answered simply as she patted the dirt back into place.

"What is the Ceremony? Why is it so important?" I asked as I frowned, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"It's not my place to tell you information like that Freya," Bela said simply as she looked at me. "Now are there any other questions you have?" she asked.

"What are lycans?" I asked as I frowned slightly.

"They're mutant humans who like to eat people," Bela said simply. "That's why you can't go outside, they live in the land between our home and the Village. They would love to eat you," she stated.

"To be fair, so would Cassandra," I muttered, looking up when Bela laughed. "I got you to laugh, score for me," I whispered as I did a fist pump.

"You're adorable little sister," Bela said with a small smile. "Now let's work on planting your flowers love," she stated as she patted my hand. I nodded as I went back to digging the holes. Digging was fun to do, so was playing in the dirt although I don't think Bela would appreciate me getting her dirty.

"I'm like an armadillo," I muttered as I kept working. As soon as I was done digging the holes I collapsed onto Bela, wrapping my arms around her to keep from falling to the floor. "I like annoying you Bela, you're one of my bestest friends," I stated.

"You're one of my best friends too Faye," Bela informed as she turned around, lifting me up. I wrapped my legs around her waist as I rested my head on her shoulder. "My little baby sister," she said as she patted my back.

"Not a baby," I objected as I snuggled into her, sighing softly.

"Mmm sure you're not," she stated simply. "I have to go help Cassandra with something, can you stay here for me?" she questioned. I agreed, having no intention of actually staying here. I would get bored if I actually stayed and listened, behaving just wasn't in my nature.

I gave Bela a minute after she left the room before I left it, heading the opposite direction from her. I headed to the kitchen, wanting to see Taylor this morning. I washed the dirt off of my hands and scrubbed them raw once I found a sink available.

I found Taylor baking something that I couldn't care to learn the name of at the moment. I wrapped my arms around her in a hug, giggling when she swatted the back of my head for scaring her.

"You are a brat," Taylor said as she put her hand on the back of my head. "So how's it going with the Dimitrescu daughter's? Heard you were getting pretty cozy with them?" she questioned with a small smile on her lips.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes as I rested my head on her shoulder, taking the pastry she offered me. "You really want shocking news? I called Lady Dimitrescu Mommy," I whispered in her ear, making her freeze.

"You did what now?" she questioned as she stared at me with wide eyes. "Hold on, give me a second. Forgot you regressed, was totally thinking of a different type of Mommy for a second," she muttered. My cheeks flushed at her insinuation and I smacked her arm.

"Only you would think that," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"No, half the population would make the first assumption I made," Taylor rolled her eyes. "And they would be right to assume that because who wouldn't want to call her that," she muttered.

"Hey Tay, you know she hears like everything that is said in this place and that she's also your boss," I said as I took a bite of my pastry. "Have fun explaining that," I smirked as I skipped out of the kitchen, taking another pastry with me.

"You really should learn to listen to what is said," Daniela said as she appeared next to me. "You're lucky I covered for you because Bela would have told Mother that you didn't listen to her and you would have gotten in trouble," she said as I sulked.

"I was hungry, I just got food," I shrugged as I continued to eat my pastry. "You should try one, not one of mine though," I stated as I made my way up the stairs.

"Yeah well Bela wasn't gone that long so you should have just stayed in the greenhouses and got food afterwards," Daniela said simply as she stole a bite of my pastry, ignoring my whine.

"I couldn't wait that long, I would have died of starvation," I pouted as I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to lay down here," I said as I laid down on the middle of the stairs.

"Get up, you shouldn't lay on the middle of the stairs," Daniela stated as she sat down next to me.

"You say as you sit in the middle of the stairs," I muttered as I looked at her with a frown. "You think I could get a pet lycan?" I questioned.

"Didn't Bela just tell you that they like to eat humans?" she questioned as she raised an eyebrow. I mocked what she said as I rolled my eyes with a sigh.

"Duh, I could feed my enemies to a lycan," I said simply as I looked up at the ceiling. "I'm gonna call Lord Heisenberg Papa, no one can stop me," I decided, hearing a crash coming from the way of Lady Dimitrescu's study.