Chapter 63

This is the final chapter! I hope you all enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

*Freya's P.O.V*

I stood quietly in the doorway, watching the rest of the room quietly. My feelings were all over the place at the moment. There was just so much going on.

Mother Miranda was sitting in a chair in Alcina's study, holding a tiny bundle. It was her daughter Eva. She had managed to bring her back with no trouble at all. She seemed more content than I had ever seen her. She wasn't wearing her bird mask anymore and was continuously checking on the baby.

Taylor was sitting on the arm of the chair, her hand resting on Mother Miranda's shoulder. She seemed quite content with just sitting there. She had gotten taller because of the Cadou and was now around 6 feet tall so she now had four inches in height compared to me. She now had the same bird wings as Miranda but in a white color instead of black.

I carefully crossed the room and paused next to her. She looked at me with a small smile, glancing at Eva.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Taylor asked. I glanced at the baby who yawned and I smiled softly.

"She's adorable Tay," I said softly. "Does this make you a step mommy though?" I asked with a playful smile. Taylor rolled her eyes and swatted the back of my head. I pouted at that and hissed softly.

"Come here darling," Alcina said. I ran to her, letting her pick me. A thought hit me and I whined, throwing my head back.

"I've turned into Angie," I huffed softly with a small frown on my lips. Alcina chuckled softly as she rested me on her hip.

"I take offense to that," Angie said from across the room. She had clearly wanted to screech it but Karl had covered her mouth with his hand. Donna seemed thankful because Mother Miranda was clearly going to murder Angie if she woke up Eva.

Lord Moreau had shown up for a little bit earlier before getting upset that Mother Miranda was paying more attention to Eva than him. So he decided to just leave and hadn't come back. I think it would take him a bit to get used to the fact that Mother Miranda had a different priority now.

I think everyone's priority had changed now. Karl seemed to have chilled out a bit since he wasn't constantly antagonizing Alcina now. He was however sitting on Alcina's desk and taunting her by putting his shoes on her desk.

Donna was opening up more. She started to actually speak with those who weren't Angie which was really surprising. She had mostly spoken with Karl and Daniela. Daniela was so happy to have Donna speaking with her. So much so that Daniela had kicked Angie off Donna's lap to sit there to be able to listen better.

Angie and Cassandra were speaking with each other about weapons. Angie kept trying to steal Cassandra's sickle so Cassandra was just holding it above her head and taunting her. Angie kept jumping up to get it and was close enough to Karl that she had climbed up his leg once and launched off his lap to grab her arm. It didn't work but it had been funny to watch.

The most surprising thing was that Bela and Karl were actually talking. Bela was sitting in Alcina's chair so Karl would occasionally turn around to speak with her. She was carefully working on a small machine and Karl was telling her how to make it.

Alcina had given up her chair to stand at the window, looking out of it. It was a decently sunny day and the icicles on the edge of the roof were starting to fall to the ground. The snow was also melting. It was like the storm had finally ended.

I rested my head on Alcina's chest as she held me, her hand rubbing my back. I was still struggling with the whole Ethan Winters thing but I was home, I was safe. That's what mattered. Our talk yesterday had really helped.

I closed my eyes as I finally started to sort out my feelings now. Fundamentally my relationship with everyone had changed. These weren't just people that I had grown close to when I was regressed. These were people that I had grown to see as family.

The thought hit me hard and I paused. I had a family. One that wouldn't turn their back on me at the nearest chance and one that I could actually count on. One that I cared for but also one that cared for me.

My hand tightened on Alcina's dress at the thought and I opened my eyes. Alcina looked down at me and I met her gaze. She raised an eyebrow as her hand moved to touch my hand that was clutching her dress.

"What is wrong my darling?" Alcina asked. I shook my head as my eyes teared up and I buried my head into her chest.

"Nothing," I whispered softly. That was true, there was nothing bothering me.

"Well what is going on your mind my little fairy?" Alcina asked.

"I have a family," I said slowly.

"Yes you do," Alcina nodded her head.

"No, I have a family," I whispered again in awe as I hugged onto her neck. Alcina squeezed me close.

"My darling, I'm not sure what you mean," Alcina stated.

"I haven't had a family in a long time, this is the first time I have had a family since I had to leave my village," I said as I smiled softly.

"Yes my darling, you do have a family. You always will," Alcina informed me. I nodded my head as I looked around the room before turning to meet her gaze.

"So does this mean?" I asked quietly. Alcina seemed to think for a moment before she nodded her head.

"Of course my dear," Alcina said with a small smile. I paused for a moment as I closed my eyes, the thought settling in as my mind adjusted to the fact. I didn't just have a Mommy now, I had a Mother. That was the most important thing to me now. I had a family! I had a mom!

I wrapped my arms around Alcina's neck and hugged her tightly. Alcina held me close as she rocked back and forth slightly. I had started off as just a maiden to the House Dimitrescu and now I was a daughter of House Dimitrescu.