Chapter 29

*Freya's P.O.V*

I laid in the snow for a moment before I sat up, looking at her study again. I shivered as her golden eyes narrowed slightly as she tilted her head towards the greenhouse. I shook my head, a small pout on my lips. I had only just got out here so there was no way I was going inside already. My eyes flickered from her when someone else joined her at the window.

I couldn't really make out anything except that the figure was cloaked in black so I assumed that it was Lady Beneviento. I tore my eyes from her as I glanced at Lady Dimitrescu who was still watching me. I scrambled up from the snow as I dusted myself off, tilting my head when I heard snow crunch. Something heavy slammed into my back and I was knocked back down, making me yelp in surprise.

I lifted my head up and sighed when I saw that it was just a dog. "Hello puppy," I said as I held my hand out to the gray and white dog. The dog wagged its tail as it licked my face, making me giggle as I tried to cover my face to protect it. "You shouldn't be here, the Lady of the house might keep you locked in the house," I said pointedly, glancing at the study window.

I squealed when the dog nipped at my arms, making me sit up as I pushed it away. "Don't do that," I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest. The dog sneezed as it shook its head before walking away, sniffing along the gardens. I watched it with great interest as I shivered slightly from the snow that clung to my arms. I shook it off, frowning when my bracelet jingled.

"You know I have to wear this bracelet because apparently I'm not responsible enough to stay out of trouble," I told the dog as it started to dig in the flower garden. "I think she's making that up though, she's just bossy," I muttered under my breath as I played with one of the bat charms that dangled from the bracelet.

"You remind me of my sister Cass, she ignores me too but I know she loves me. She would have taken me to the cellar by now if she didn't," I said, pausing in surprise for a moment as I thought over what I had said. Had I really called Cassandra my sister? I wondered if she would be okay with that, I really did see her as my sister. I suppose I saw Bela that way as well. Bela was the eldest so she was a bit more responsible and strict than the others but at the end of the day I really did love her just as much as the others.

I was drawn out of my thoughts by a snowflake landing on my cheek. I looked up as the snow started to fall, a small smile on my lips. I spun around in a circle as I felt the wind pick up slightly. The snow started to fall at a faster pace and it was a bit harder to see. I pouted when I realized that Lady Dimitrescu wouldn't be able to see me now. What was the point of misbehaving if no one was around to witness it.

"Come on doggy," I called as I made my way back to the greenhouse. I frowned as I waited for a couple minutes before pulling the door open and going inside the greenhouse. I shrugged off my coat, setting it down by the door. I wondered where the dog had gone but I suppose it probably had a home. I mean it looked healthy to me so I had to assume someone was caring for it.

I shivered as I made my way to the main door of the greenhouse, unlocking it carefully and opening it. I bit back a startled scream when I saw Daniela just standing there. I put my hand on my racing heart as I stepped into the hallway, seeing Bela and Cassandra standing there too.

"Mother is going to kill you," Cassandra said, making me pause as I looked at her with wide eyes. Bela smacked that back of her head. "I didn't mean literally," she muttered as she rubbed her head, glaring at Bela with a frown. "Although you probably would taste delicious if we did kill you," she stated.

"Thanks...I think," I said as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Must you always cause trouble Freya?" Bela questioned, making me look at her. Was she upset with me? She didn't sound upset but her words made her seem upset with me. "Daniela already causes enough for the both of you," she said, a soft smile on her lips.

"Dani doesn't do a good job of being in trouble though," I muttered, earning a soft huff from Dani.

"Mother said the only reason she didn't march outside and spank you is because Aunt Donna is here," Daniela said. My cheeks darkened with blush as I looked down at the floor, a small frown on my lips.

"Did she...say that in front of Lady Beneviento?" I questioned, embarrassed at the thought of her saying that in front of a stranger.

"Mhmm," Cassandra nodded with a small smirk. "You blush a lot," she said as she poked my cheek, ignoring the whine that escaped my throat.

"Mother wants to speak with you, she also wants to introduce you to Aunt Donna," Bela said as she nudged Cassandra away.

"I can't meet her now, not after what she said," I said as I shook my head.

"You don't have a choice, Mother sent us to retrieve you for a reason. We were instructed to drag you there even if you threw a fit. Please throw a fit," Cassandra begged, clasping her hands in front of her. I shook my head as I looked at Daniela with a pleading look.

"Carry me," I said as I held my arms out to her. She rolled her eyes as she lifted me up, letting me cling to her.

"You are lucky I like you," Daniela muttered as she started carrying me to Lady Dimitrescu's study.

"I love you too," I said as I rested my head on her shoulder, closing my eyes. I felt Daniela tense for a second before she tightened her grip on me significantly.