Chapter 48

*Freya's P.O.V*

I blinked tiredly up at Mommy as she ran her fingers through my hair. I was still so sleepy and her cuddles were the best. She was currently trying to get me to drink from one of my bottles but I wasn't thirsty right now. I pushed the bottle away with a small whine as I turned over, burying my face into her chest.

"What has gotten into you my sweet girl?" Mommy asked as she rocked me gently. A small babble escaped me as I looked at her with annoyance. I was sleepy, didn't she understand that? I whined as I buried my head back into her chest.

"Mother," Bela's voice interrupted the quiet. I perked up at the sound of her voice, turning my head slightly so I could look at her with just one eye. "Is it possible that she had a bad nightmare and that's what is putting her off eating?" she asked.

"Perhaps, however she's still recovering from the effects of the Cadou so she needs to keep drinking blood to satisfy that," Mommy said as her hand moved to turn my head. I fussed as she pushed the nipple of the bottle into my mouth. I tried to push it away before sighing and giving up. I drank carefully, the still warm liquid trickling into my mouth.

The taste of blood was still not one that I was used to. However I knew I needed it to survive. Mommy had ensured that I drank fresh blood every day since fresh would be easier for my body to digest than older blood. I had learned not to question where the blood came from because it would just make me sad.

I lifted my hand up, resting it over Mommy's as I tried to take off her glove. She allowed me to do so even though I could tell that she didn't want to let me. I held her finger as I looked up at her.

"Claws," I said as I looked at her pleadingly. She shook her head which made me pout. What was the point of being a baby if you didn't get your way? I huffed as I moved to climb off her lap, whining when she pulled me back up.

"Finish your bottle and then you can go play," Mommy said simply. I huffed softly as I glared at the bottle, willing it to explode with my mind. When that didn't work I simply tried to grab it and throw it across the room. That didn't work either because Mommy seemed to predict that would happen.

I threw my head back dramatically as a whine escaped me. I continued to drink from the bottle until it was empty. Once I was done, Mommy finally sat me down in my playpen. I wasn't happy with being contained but who was I too throw a fit. I was finally sat down and allowed to play.

I picked up a block, very briefly considering the idea of throwing it at Mommy. I decided that I valued my life enough to not do that and to instead just stack the blocks. I also briefly considered spelling out bad words that Daniela had taught me but I figured that would just get both me and Daniela in trouble.

I laid on my stomach, carefully stacking the blocks in a small tower. Once it was to the point that I could no longer lay down and stack it, I knocked it over. One of the blocks stuck my cheek when it fell down and I felt my lower lip start to tremble. I looked to Mommy for help but she was busy doing paperwork.

"It's okay Faye," Bela's voice was soft and I nearly broke my neck with the speed that I turned it to look at her. She was sitting in the floor with a book on her lap. She sat the book down before she came over to me. She lifted me out of my playpen, bringing me back over to sit with her.

"Bela, read to me?" I asked as I squirmed to lay down, my head resting on her knee. Bela smiled as she smoothed my hair back before picking up her book. The book she was reading was quite gory. It was a book about mummification that was quite detailed. Normally I would be grossed out but Bela's voice was quite soothing to listen to.

I was normally asleep when the door to the office suddenly slammed open. My head jerked up suddenly as I stared blearily at the person who entered the room. I was quite surprised to see Mother Miranda who actually looked worried.

"Mother Miranda, how lovely to see you," Mommy said as she looked up from her paperwork.

"We need to talk now," Mother Miranda said. Bela seemed to understand the seriousness of it as she closed her book carefully. She moved to get up, lifting me up onto her hip. I whined at the idea of leaving Mommy. "The child can stay, she'll just eavesdrop anyways," Mother Miranda said.

Bela hesitated for a moment before she sat me back down. She pressed a quick kiss to my forehead before she left. I went over to Mommy, holding my hands up as I made grabby hands. Mommy lifted me up onto her lap.

"What is the problem?" Mommy asked as she looked at Mother Miranda with worry.

"Ethan Winters is heading this way, you have a few days at most before he is in your domain," Mother Miranda said. Mommy's grip tightened on me as she processed what Mother Miranda had just said.

"I shall tell the maids to start proofing the house," Mommy said, her voice tight.

"No, you and the girls must be the ones to do it. You may trust your maids but my trust in those outside of one is very shaky," Mother Miranda said. "You must also help Donna and Salvatore, the news has shaken them," she stated.

"I suppose the girls can watch Freya then," Mommy said.

"Have Karl watch her, he seems fond of the child. He's always asking about her when we speak," Mother Miranda said sounding amused.

"Unca Papa Hei'berg," I said with a grin. Mother Miranda glanced at me, her eyes shining in amusement.

"For someone who just wanted me to protect my home you just asked me to bring in a force of chaos," Mommy said as her fingers gently worked their way through my hair.

"Chaos," I whispered with a small grin. Mother Miranda seemed amused by my whisper as Mommy groaned softly.

"I'll be billing you for any damages that mangy man causes," Mommy warned Mother Miranda as I started to plot the chaos.