12 POV Kara

The game nights is great! Lena's actually having fun. To be honest, part of me thought she wouldn't like it.
I mean she is Lena Luthor, a billionaire who can effort the most expensive things, the CEO of L-Corp and the new boss of Cat Co.
On top of that, she looks like a Goddess. I should know.
And yet she's sitting here in my small loft with my friends and my sister playing games and drinking rather cheap red whine.

Although it seems like she's getting a little exhausted. It's getting late and she probably worked all day, it's not surprising. She leaves to go to the bathroom but after a few minutes I hear her heartbeat going faster than usual. Is something wrong?

Alex and Kelly want to leave now anyway. I get up and knock on the door. She says she's fine but jer heartbeat is still faster than it should be.
She stays longer than everyone else. Part of me, what am I saying, all of me wants her to stay. I think I'm crushing on my boss but how could I not? She's perfect and smart and nice and kind and beautiful and and-
Okay I'll stop myself here. I can't be crushing on my boss.
However, I would like to be her friend. She doesn't seem to have many friends. Thinking about that get's me a little sad. She deserves so much better.

It's getting pretty late now and letting her drive home alone seems unsafe. She doesn't want to stay here tho. Is she worried something might happen? Or maybe she just wants to keep the relationship professional after what happened.

I forgot about her driver- yes of course she won't be alone. Alright I already feel better with the thought of her leaving now. We quick clean up the living room and then she leaves.

I'm actually not even that tired now and decide to read something. Being a Kryptonian, I read pretty fast and so I finished the book in that night.

Today I arrive at CatCo earlier than everyone else. I couldn't sleep and after some time I decided it would make more sense to just go to work. I put the a coffee and my breakfast that I bought on my way here on my table. I don't really have anything to do now and just start to eat. I turn my computer on and go through the news trying to find anything that could be really interesting when I hear something from Lena's office. I could swear no one was hear when I arrived and I'd have seen it if anyone would've went into her office.

I take my glasses off and use my X-ray vision to look into her office. Someone managed it to get onto the balcony and is now trying to open the door to her window. Who is it and how did they do that? Maybe the elevator? No, I would've noticed that. Perhaps they went to the roof and then used a rope to get onto her balcony.

Right now it doesn't matter, I get up and walk towards the office. I burst in and the person looks at me shocked. They obviously didn't expect anyone to be here so early.
"What are you doing here?! Who are you?!" I ask but the person doesn't say anything. I want to use my X-ray vision again to see who's hiding underneath the mask that's covering their face but I would have to take my glasses off for that. The stranger grabs a rope and Starts climbing up. I Superspeed myself to the stairs and up to the roof but when I arrive here the person is gone. I can't even hear a heartbeat anymore. How strange...

As I'm trying to focus on hearing the person I hear someone enter CatCo. High heels. Lena!
I Superspeed myself downstairs again and quickly check everything for a stranger. At last I go into her office. It seems like that person is really gone. I'm just standing in her office now thinking about what happened. Why couldn't I hear them? Who was that person and what exactly did they want? I'll have to talk to Alex about it.

"Kara?"
I turn around and see Lena. I was in thoughts and didn't notice her entering. Was it that? Was that why I didn't hear the other person? No, I wasn't distracted when I saw them. There is no way that was the reason.

"Kara, are you alright?" Lena asks again. Damnit I didn't answer.
I adjust my glasses and laugh a bit nervously.
"Yes, yes I'm okay." I say.
"Are you sure?" Lena really didn't expect me to be here so early. Of course, usually I'm not this early.
"Why are you here already? It's just 6:30 a.m."

Thinking whether or not I should telk her about the stranger I'm awkwardly standing there.
"Yes, I'm sure, I just-
I couldn't sleep and just got here a bit earlier. Should I get you breakfast?" I say trying to sound like nothing weird happened.
"Okay.." Lena says, although it's clear she's suspicious of something. "Uhm, you don't have to. I'll eat later anyway." She says putting her bag next to her desk.

"You didn't eat yet?" I ask and Lena shakes her head. "Why- I'll get you something." I say and turn around. I expected Lena to protest but she's not saying a word. Then I realize that I shouldn't leave her alone. She at leats has to know someone tried to break into Cat Co. I stop and turn around again.
"Actually.. there is something that happened."

"What is it?" Lena asks. I hear her heartbeat go a little faster again. Is she scared? Or nervous? Well, she's got a reason to be.
I sit down and she sits down next to me. This is not how anyone usually does that. If I was a human I would've told her right away and we would've called the police. But I'm not a human, I want to keep her save. I really have to tell Alex tho. They know how to mess with my powers or at least how to go unnoticed by me.

Soo heyy, finally a new chapter. I hope the story's not too boring until now.
Hope y'all are having a good day/night.
Charly Dean ^^