3. POV Kara

Was she flirting? Maybe that was just imagination. Lena is great though, I'm sure she'll be good as boss. I'm really looking forward for tonight. Maybe I'll find out if I'm imagining things there. I don't know. I mean she is my boss so I probably am.
I go to my desk and wait for the meeting. Til now I don't have a story so I can't... Shit I should've given her Cat's number! Why didn't I thought of this when she asked? Alright, now I feel stupid. I get up again and see her sitting at her desk. She is truly beautiful, with her jaw clenching a bit in frustration typing on her lap top and her in that ponytail falling over her shoulder.
I shake my head I try to push these thoughts to the side opening the door to give her Cat's number. I'm acting like a horny teenager.

- - - - - - - - - later at the party - - - - - - - -

I just arrived wearing a tight, green and bulletproof dress. I barely got here in time because Supergirl was needed and when I got to the DEO Alex just gave me this dress and send me to the party. It's an important party, she said, not just that I have a new job now but also a new boss, it's important I'm here.
I see Lena on the other side of the room with James. She has a glas champagne in her hand. I know I shouldn't do this but I want to know what they are talking about so I use my Super hearing.

~So, Miss Luthor. How was your first day at CatCo?~ James asks

~Oh it was great. Everyone here is very nice.~ she replied but she was acting weird. Now I see that James is trying to put one arm around her. Ugh he is such a Womanizer. He probably doesn't even like her! He just wants to proof that he'd get into her pants.

~So, Miss Luthor... I read somewhere that you're single. Is that true? ~ James asks. I laugh a bit, he's not even good at it. I start walking towards them. Very fast, not fast enough to run but to fast to just say hello. James sees me and smiles but that won't help him now. I know I was in a relationship with him too but then I found out that he was cheating on me. Yes that was years ago but I swear he isn't interested in Lena at all and if he is, only in her physical appearance. He wouldn't care about her once they'd get to.. the part. Lena steps away from James when I stopsin front of them because he takes his arm away.

"Hey, Lena, James. I was just looking for you. I don't want to bother but you don't have anything against it if I steel Lena from you for a few seconds, right?" I say a little too fast and look at James so angry that he swallowes.

"No, no. We were done with talking anyway. I guess I see you later then." He says nervously and Lena and I go away.

"Thank you Kara but I can walk alone." Lena says and I notice that I am holding her hand and practically force her to go with me. Great Kara. First impression this morning was that you forget how to talk and now you are pulling her with you.

"Oh I'm sorry. I just wanted to get away from James." I say and let go of her hand.

"Oh yeah I get that. He is... Uhm very clear with what he wants. But I am clear with what I want as well. But I definitely know that I don't want him so." Lena says and laugh a bit nervous. She is cute when she tries to explain herself.

" It's okay. I know what you mean. He is my ex. We didn't break up in good so I really know what you mean. " I say. Why? She didn't need to know that.

"Oh... He is your ex boyfriend..." Lena say and I could swear she looks dissapointed while saying that.

"Yes, I have to say it was not my best idea. But to be honest, it wouldn't have worked out anyway. I wasn't as interested in him as I should've been I know he wasn't interested in me." Alright, too much detail. I swear usually I'm not like this. Around her I just feel so.. natural.

"Oh.. okay." Lena says obviously not knowing how to react.

"Do you have to be somewhere else?" I ask and she shakes her head a bit.

"I talked to everyone already and all deals are done. Why?" She says. I suppose I am pretty late.

"I just thought, maybe you'd like to sit down for a bit ajd we just talk. If you don't mind." I hope she says yes. I'd like to get to know her better and I really want to know if she was flirting-
Then it hits me. If she was flirting then now she must think I'm straight.

"I'm sorry, Kara, I'm not really here to make friends-" she wants to continue but I interrupt her.

"Can I ask you something?" I say and continue when she nods. "What do you think about LGBT+?"
Was it a little too straight forward? Yes. Did Alex gave me alien alcohol to blend in better? Also yes. Am I thinking clear right now? Definitely not.

She gasps a bit and then says "I support it. Completely." She says and we start a conversation about it.

Some time later she drank quite a lot of champagne and wine and I can still feel the impact of the alien alcohol when one of my favorites songs starts playing. "Oh- you know what? I love this song. Would you like to dance?"
_______________________________________

It's your author again.
I hope you liked this chapter. And well I never liked James so much so yeah he is a little asshole in this story. Sorry not sorry I guess.
It's not dirty yet but I promise they are going to sleep with each other in the next chapter
Charly Dean