prologue

Connor walked out to recess, back against the wall in attempts to avoid the mob of lovesick ladies. His heart pounded in his chest as the children began filing out to the playground, not breathing in case someone would notice him. 

"I found him!" Emma squealed, grabbing Connors arm and dragging him into the sunlight. Connor hissed.  

The entire playground went silent for a moment, as every girl's head slowly turned to look at Connor.  

CRACK. 

As Connor tried to step forward, his foot landed on the stick, causing it to snap. The sound echoed through the silence.  

Then the ladies attacked. 

Connor ran as fast as he could, as the girls chased him screaming "Connor! I love you!" or "Connor! Kiss me!" or "Connor! I promise I'm not trying to kill you!"

Connor didn't listen to any of them, he wasn't going to fall into their trap. Not again.  

He ran one way then quickly changed direction, leaving the mob tripping over each other. In the distraction, he dove behind a slide, trying to catch his breath. He could hear the confusion of his fans. 

"Where is Sir Handsome?" "Oh, I just want to see his dazzling smile again!" "He's just perfect, but I wish he would let his luscious red hair grow long. That way it will be easier to grab a piece."  

Connor felt like he was going to puke. He had no idea what he had done to get all this attention, but he hated it. There seemed to be no end. 

And he knew there would never be one.