5 years later (Connor)

"I'll be ready to go in a minute." Connor told his team, before slipping into the bathroom.  

The town had basketball games every week, for makeshift teams of all ages. Every Friday they competed, all good sportsmanship and community. It was Connor's favorite part about his new home.  

He slipped his jersey on, and propped his foot up on the toilet to tie his shoes. Everything was going well for him. He was making good money, staying active, dating a great girl, but something about it just wasn't just right.  

The BWF's weren't there to experience it with him.  

Whenever they needed a new person for their team, he thought of at least one of them, trying to figure out who would play the best position- 

"Jake! Move your butt! We got a game to get to!" 

Connor tied his second shoe quickly and ran his fingers through his hair to try and smooth it out a little. It was getting long, and he kept on meaning to get it cut, but it had been a busy summer.  

"JAKE!" 

He was about to leave when he wanted to try one more thing. Holding one finger up, a small flame ignited on it. Connor had figured this out weeks before, but hadn't had much time to figure out its limits. He really wanted to know if anyone of the other BWFs had been losing the effect of the vaccine, and almost considered contacting the 07 Sergeant.  

For the second time, he shook it off. He couldn't risk any of their safety with his curiosity. There was only one thing that mattered.  

They survived. 

THE END