Chapter 33

Connor did not dance.  

Or wear suits.  

He only ate food. 

As he finished off his third piece of peanut butter brownies, he watched everyone dance to the Whip'n Nae Nae. He took a sip of his Dr. Pepper, on edge. The wedding was a small event, yes. Only the BWFs and a couple members of Dr. Charles' family, but it was still enough to make Connor uneasy.  

The FBI could jump in at any second and Connor was wearing the most constricting piece of clothing he could imagine. A tie. A tie. He was slowly suffocating and felt like the only way he could keep his oxygen pathway open was to eat.  

Remy grabbed his arm. "You need to get up. Now." 

"No!" Connor whined, fighting to stay in his seat. "I need to try the cream puuuuffs!" 

Ollie grabbed his other arm, shoving a cream puff into his mouth at the same time. "There. Now you have to dance off those calories." 

"Stop! Pleeeeease!" Connor continued to be reluctant and stubborn, but it was no use against two girls who had twice the amount of training.  

"Come on!" Marin encouraged. "Uptown Funks' gonna start!" 

Just like Marin said, the DJ dropped the beat, sending the whole floor into epic dance mode. Zane grabbed her hand and spun her around. "Come on, Fried Potato!" He told Connor. "Get your dance on!" 

This is that ice cold, Michelle Pfeffier, that white gold

This one for them hood girls, them good girls straight masterpiece.

Stylin', wild'n, livin' it up the city.

Connor began to sway with the music, the caffeine from his soda making him want to move. Pretty soon, he was full on freestyling, swinging Dr. Charles' mother around and doing a quick dip. The older woman blushed, but danced with him until her husband cut in, laughing at Connors fun. 

A chest bump with Zane, a cha-cha real smooth with Darci, multiple spins for Ru (leaving her stumbling off the floor, she was so dizzy), Connor quickly became the life of the party, dancing with everyone.  

When the song ended and a slow song replaced it, Connor ran off the floor, having danced himself silly. He finished off his Dr. Pepper, grinning.  

Who knew dancing was fun?