Chapter 28

Weeks flew by. 

And Marin noticed that things were severely off.  

One, Zane had stopped flirting with her, and hadn't called her Mar-Bear for a long while. She was thankful, but it was abnormal.  

Then there was Darci, who had seemed to accept that she was safer being lazy and cowardly. Connor stopped asking questions, and no longer fought over peanut butter. Felix was extremely awkward, giving confused glances to Zane. Ollie was no-longer her impulsive self.  

But it was almost December, and the wedding was planned for Christmas Eve, in no other than... HAWAII.  

So when they were dress shopping, they weren't looking for something warm, they were looking for something beachy.  

Marin, Ru, Remy and Felix went with Aunt Ellie while everyone else opted to stay behind, not wanting to go out at once.  

The dress shop was large, which was to their advantage. They could spread out, to make sure they weren't noticeable. Ten minutes in, Aunt Ellie got a phone call. She jumped, not expecting her metal ringtone.  

Aunt Ellie answered. "Hello?" 

A muffled voice from the other end.  

"Good. I'm glad it went well." 

More muffled voice. 

"I can't tell you right now, but I will later. Thank you, J- Charlie." 

Marin looked at her, skeptical. "Dr. Charles, huh? What went well?" 

"Suit fitting." Aunt Ellie said. "Charlie has been worrying about it all week. This dress would be so cute on you!" 

Aunt Ellie held up a flowy baby blue dress, with loose, elbow-length sleeves. It was beautiful. 

Forgetting everything they talked about before, Marin took the dress and went to try it on.