Chapter 17

"Jeez Ru, take it easy." 

Ru squealled, she felt so happy. "I can't believe you guys are getting married! We got to pick out a dress and the theme and I know JUST what to do with your hair-" 

Ollie put a hand on her shoulder. "You need to chill out." 

Ru sighed. She couldn't help it. But her sister was right. They had other things to worry about. 

Aunt Ellie pulled the van into the parking lot. "Welcome to our new headquarters." 

Ru looked out the window. "JZ's Exercise Galore? Isn't this where they held the Preggo Mommy Yoga class?" 

"Yup." Aunt Ellie said. "It went up for sale a few weeks ago. As a project to lift your spirits, we get to totally remodel it." 

Ru felt like she was going to pass out, actually pausing her music to hear more. She had always gotten along with Aunt Ellie, for they shared the same love of projects and crafts. 

They filed out of the car, Remy helping Darci. The girl had a couple of bad burns like the rest of them, but wasn't allowed to get her heartrate up for two weeks just to play it safe. When hearing, Darci had grumbled in agreement, but did not look too happy about it.  

Ru ran up to the building. "First, that sign needs to be taken down. Felix?" 

Felix shrugged. 

Ru looked at the doors, which were plexiglass sliding ones. She thought for a moment. "These should be taken down, replaced with a steel door because reasons. We can keep the windows, just replace the panes with bullet proof glass- What's our budget for this?" 

Aunt Ellies held her palms in the air. "07 Sergeant said it'll be our new headquarters and that we should make it as safe and comfortable as we can." 

She pumped a fist in the air. "YES! Let's move on to the inside." 

Ru went inside and began pointing to things that needed to be changed.  

Paint, flooring, cabinets and so on. Ollie and Remy were helpful, helping with the floor plan. Felix boredly sketched it down for reviewing later.  

When they handed out rooms, it was quite an ordeal. There were only five, and though they decided there would be two in each room, and Aunt Ellie could have her own, no-one could decide who they wanted to share with.  

"Zane and I will share." Connor said quickly, obviously not wanting to bunk with the girls, which was sensible.  

"Ollie and me!!" Remy said with a grin, grabbing Ollie's arm.  

"Pllllleaaaasssseeee?" 

"How about Marin and me and then Felix and Darci?" Ru suggested, a thrill running through her at the thought of designing her own room.  

"Sure." Marin said. "Let's get working!"