Chapter 1

"This table may go." 

Connor inhaled sharply. It was time for recess. 

Every year since third grade, Connor had been fangirled over during recess everyday. There was no end. But by now, he had gotten used to it. He was used to the angry glares from the other guys in his grade. He was used to the high pitch squealing of the girls that surrounded him. But what he wasn't used to, was what was about to happen next.  

He slowly walked out the door and down the Grone High School steps, hood up, hands in pockets, as girls surrounded him.  

"He's got the best bad boy look!" one shrieked 

"Those eyes, I'm gonna pass out." said another, putting the back of her hand to her forehead and sighing.  

"His freckles are just killing me!" one shouted. 

Connor made it to the bottom of the stairs. A girl behind him reached over her squealing friends and pulled his hood down.  

The entire crowd gasped. 

Face going red as his hair, Connor fumbled to pull his hood back up. That had never happened before. 

Unexpectedly, the mob attacked. "I wanna touch his hair!" "Do you think he'll sell us his baby teeth?"  

An unknown number of figures dropped from the sky. All Connor could make out was the masks over their faces. 

They grabbed Connor, running faster than ever thought possible away from school ground. the students did not dare follow. As they were running, one jabbed a needle into his arm. "Nighty-night."