Chapter 37

Darci screamed. 

"WHY?" The word tore out of her lungs. "WHY WOULD YOU TAKE US, ONLY TO RETURN US AND NOW YOU WANT US BACK-" 

Pain spiked all over her body, and she dropped to her knees in agony. Jase looked down at her, looking quite bored. But a fire burned in his eyes, knowing he would get what he was after all these years.  

Darci stayed on the floor, knowing it would be idiotic to try an attack again. Jase could kill four of them with just a click of a button. And he would make the others' deaths even more agonizing.  

Dr. Charles stepped forward. "Jase, this is stupid. They're just kids." 

"Kids whose powers I own." Jase spat back. "They are mine." 

"And what things will you use them for?" Dr. Charles said, taking another step. "Have Felix bring in your groceries? Make Ru sing you to sleep?" 

Jase opened his mouth, but Dr. Charles kept talking. "Yes, and I bet Connor would just LOVE to start campfires for you. And Remy will walk through walls for your entertainment every now and then. Oh, and Ollie could make the rats that live in your house do circus tricks!" 

Jase growled. "My house doesn't have-" 

"Don't forget Darci! She would enjoy climbing the walls to change your fire alarm batteries. And Zane too, you'd never have to pay the garbage truck company again!" 

Jase was fuming and the fake Aunt Ellie had disappeared. The room grew warm. Darci quickly counted the BWFs, and realized they were missing one. 

Remy.