Chapter 8

Zane swung an arm around Marin's neck. "Want to duel, Mar-Bear? 

Felix, who had just returned to FTR from carrying Darci to the infirmary, felt the twenty pound dumbbell crumble over her tightening grip.  

Marin shook off his arm. "No thanks." 

"Come on." Zane tried. "Pretty please?" 

He stuck out his bottom lip and took on the look of a begging puppy. Felix tried to ignore him, and picked up another dumbbell to throw.  

She was trying to learn how to control her strength, by challenging herself to toss weights different lengths. The closer she made it land, the better.  

Marin put her hands up, palms spread out near her face. "No. You'll be exhausted afterwards." 

The underlying threat of Marin's Flaw still didn't make Zane back off. "Come on, Mar-Bear. You're acting like Felix." 

She let the dumbbell fly and it flew far, slamming into the wall on the other side of the FTR, thirty yards away. With a shaky breath, Felix tried to block out their conversation.  

She wished everyday of her life that she would've gotten a different flaw. Not her Flaw, her super strength was something she enjoyed learning to work with, but rather, her personality flaw.  

Felix had a hard time opening up. Telling people how she felt. Like when she met Connor. She felt like he was a good kid, but could only glare. Call him unintelligent. No matter how hard she tried, she felt extremely uncomfortable just saying, "Good job!" 

It was even worse when she came to Zane. 

All the years she had known him, Felix had been playing a game of hide 'n' seek with her feelings. It didn't help that recently, he seemed to be falling over for Marin.  

The two had their moments. Felix had been the first one Zane told about his Flaw, but when she thought about it, it had been when he was about to explode from anxiety and she was the only one in the room.  

Other than Aunt Ellie and Remy (the sneaky kid, spying on Zane to find out), Felix was the only one who knew about Zane's Flaw and how terribly dangerous it was. When Connor had asked about it, it had been Felix's instinctive reaction to change the subject, throwing her shoe across the room. She didn't want Zane to have to tell everyone until he was ready.  

Hello. 

Felix jumped, knocking over the entire weight rack. Ollie grinned from across the room. Remy was on the floor, shaking with hysterical laughter.  

Sighing, Felix began picking up the dumbbells she had sent across the room. Sometimes when Ollie invaded your mind, it was best just ignore it. 

Especially when Remy was influencing her.