Chapter 23

Ru's heart pounded. 

They had been attacked.  

And they had broken HER DISNEY LAMP! 

She was so mad, pacing her room over the broken pieces. The face of Belle lay discarded from the body. Sneezy the dwarf had lost all his limbs. There was no putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.  

The attack the night before had been fast- too fast. Ru and all the other BWF's were suspicious, but they had searched the whole place and nothing seemed abnormal. When Ru had started singing, her attacker just plugged their ears and ran, never to be seen again.  

Construction had only been finished a week earlier, and the place still smelled fresh as Ru walked down the stairs. She found everyone surrounding Connor at the kitchen island. 

"Please! Why can't we split it?" Remy begged. 

"Cause." Connor said defensively. "It's my peanut butter toast. It's not my fault that Felix used three scoops of it on her oatmeal yesterday." 

Felix shrugged and grabbed at the toast in Connors hand. He dodged and licked some of the peanut butter off. "Still want it?" 

"Yes!" Zane lunged forward, and Connor gracefully waltzed away.  

"Want it?" he said, eyes narrowing. "Come and get it." 

Ru watched as Remy flickered out of existence, likely going to steal the piece of toast away from Connor invisibly. Ru loved peanut butter as well, and wanted in on the fun. She slipped off a glove.  

All those nights alone,

I faced my fears, in the mirror,

Found my way to show, who I am,

Won't disappear

Scars from the fires came through the years. 

All heads turned to her, she smiled and continued to sing. 

Are constant reminders of what got me here,

All those nights alone,

They were the start of something great now,

Now here comes the shakedown. 

As everyone's bodies began shaking uncontrollably, the piece of toast slipped out of Connors hand and... you know what they say about buttered toast. 

It landed peanut buttered side down.  

"NOOO!" they all said as their bodies stopped shaking.  

Ru bit her lip. "I did not think that through." 

Seven pairs of glaring eyes followed her back up the stairs as she held back laughter.