Chapter8: The Letter From Alice

Chapter 8

After 2 hours of waiting, we finally boarded the plane. Demetri took care of my bags and that was good. Only 20 passengers were in the plane including me, Jasper and Demetri. Demetri was sitting by the window, me in the middle and Jasper on beside me. He was sitting close to the hallway. We were quiet as the plane took off. When I glanced at Demetri, he was hunched over a book. My book. He was reading Macbeth. 

" Demetri? Are you finished with Hamlet? " I asked. My chocolate brown eyes battleing with his now ruby red ones. Thank the gods, his eyes were not black now.

" Yeah. Why? " Demetri said like he was just slapped in the face. I fought hard not to laugh.

" Nothing. It was just..that you were so.... fast. " I said and then I snickered.

" Of course. I'm a... " Demetri trailed off because Jasper had clamped his mouth withi his pale hands.

" Shut up, Demetri. " Jasper said. 

Curiosity burned inside me and finally I can't take it anymore so I blurted out the question I was itching to ask them both.

" Jasper? Are you and Demetri.. best friends? " 

" You noticed it, huh. " Demetri murmured from my book.

" Yeah." I mouthed.

" We were best friends.. until Demetri joined the Volturi and I joined Carlisle's coven. It was painful for me to be away from Demetri. I mean, he was like.. my brother. " Jasper said and I could tell that he was recalling the past.

" Me too. " Demetri said and then he didnt talk again. He was so absorbed in Macbeth.

I laid my head on Jasper's shoulder and I fell asleep immediately. I didnt realize I was so tired. But after thiry minutes, I woke up and found Jasper's hand clasping mine. Demetri was now reading, Othello! Demetri's a maniac. I thought he was just the world's best tracker! He was also the world's fastest reader. Well, I can say all vampires can have that title.

" Demetri? Othello? " I said..

" Mmmh." He sounded. Clearly not wanted to be disturbed.

" Hello love, You're awake. I almost forgot, I must let you see the letter Alice left in our bed when Edward and her ran off. " Jasper's musical voice made me swoon.

" Sure my Jasper. " I muttered. 

I sat up straight and waited for Jasper to unfurl the letter that he had just reached from his pocket. Only I did took full notice of what he was wearing. Forks High SChool red and yellow jacket, with a Black shirt inside and black jeans. His honey blonde air silky and messy. He looked like the world's best actor. Ohmygosh. I took a look at Demetri too. He was wearing black from head to toe and the Volturi crest necklace hung on his neck. It gave me silver glow. And I felt I was really destined to join the Volturi.

" Here it is Bella. " Jasper said, shoving the letter in my hands.

Jasper,

I'm not you mate. It's in my vision. And Bella was'nt Edward's either. He was mine all along. Our mates have been switched to the both of us. Bella's yours and Edward's mine. You must find her Jasper. I know you will be able to heal her from what Edward has done to her. Tell her I still love her and that she would always be my best friend even though she will find someone. Take care of yourself. Please extend our regards to the rest of the Olympic Coven.

You'll always be in my heart Jasper. 

Alice

" Alice. " I whispered and I realized I was crying. 

Alice said in the letter that she would always be my best friend even though I already found someone. Not yet. Maybe it's Jane. I loved Alice like a sister and as a best friend. 

'' Ssshh Bella. " Jasper comforted me.

" I have already forgiven her Jazz. And so was Edward. " I said through my tears.

" Me too. But I think I will not be able to make peace with them now. Maybe it'll take years.. or centuries even. " Jasper said.

" I understand you Jazz. " I whispered. 

Jasper sent me a roll of relief and happiness and in a second I was smiling again. We began to talk on more happy things. And I was now more excited than ever to arrive at Italy, so Aro could change me and then I could join the Volturi.

" YOu feel happy. And excited. " Jasper pointed out while I was smiling like I had just won the lottery.

" Yeah. I'm excited to be officially yours forever. " I muttered and Jasper ruffled my hair.

" So do I my Bella. So do I. " Jasper said and he leaned down and gave me a refreshing, heart leaping kiss.

" Ohw. Don't do that. It's public in here. " Demetri complained while he turned a page of my Macbeth book.

" You and Jane kiss in public too Demetri. " Jasper said when he pulled away.

" What public? " Demetri challenged.

" Felix, Heidi, Chelsea, Corin, Renata, and everyone else. " Jasper teased.

" Shut up Jasper. You're disturbing my reading therapy. " Demetri said in an annoyed voice.

" Since when vam.. I mean ya know.. have therapies? " I said sarcastically.

" Since I existed. " Demetri mocked.

Jasper laughed and I giggled. Demetri looked aghast and in a moment he looked like he was about to attack me and Jasper.

" How many hours left Jazz?" 

" I don't know. Several more. I guess. YOu have to relax. We have all the time in the world ." Jasper said.

I felt sleepy again and laid my head at Jasper's shoulder then I fell asleep. He hummed me a different lullaby. It was more beautiful and soothing. It made me feel like  a child.  I thought about Edward and Alice. About her vision. I thought about my mate, Jasper. I also thought about Carlisle, Esme, and Rosalie. Emmett too, whom I wanted so badly to be my brother. As Jasper's angel voice traveled in my human ears, I began to drift in Sleepy Land.