Chapter11: Meeting My New Family

Chapter 11

The thick doors were opened and it was to reveal Felix. He was very big, tall, and thick through the shoulders. He was olive skinned but it looks odd because of his chalky skin. His eyes were the color of crimson, his hair was short, cropped, and pitch black. He looked menacing and like a spiked iron cudgel. He was wearing the usual, Volturi black cloak. I recognized him because I already met him when we last visited here. He had a sneer on his face but when he saw me and Jasper  he smirked.

" At last. You have arrived. " Felix said in an icy tone.

" Hello, Felix. " I greeted him and I gave him a half smile. Jasper nodded beside me.

Felix stepped aside and beckoned for us to get inside. My eyes wandered in the long room and the first vampire, Volturi I have laid eyes on was Aro. Master Aro. 

" Greetings! My young friends! We have meet again. It is a pleasure. " Master Aro said, displaying his hands in a welcome gesture as he stood from his throne.

I stared on his translucently white, onionlike skin. It looked delicate and in contrast to the long, black hair that framed his face. His face was powdery, like chalk. His eyes were red like  Demetri, Felix, and all the Volturi members and guards. But his, was milky and clouded red.

" Master Aro. It's an honor to be here and to be invited to join the Volturi. " I stammered, but proudly as I held my head  high. Jasper gave Master Aro a decent smile.

Aro clapped his pale, chalky hands. Amused at what I have said. I let my eyes travel to the two ancint vampires that were lazily slumped on their royal thrones. Caius, with his flawless chalky pallor that looked translucent like Aro's. He had the same clouded, milky red eyes like Aro. His snow white hair framing his face and resting still on his shoulders.I recalled that Edward told me he despised werewolves. On the other side was Marcus. His red eyes were similar to that of Caius and Aro, his skin translucently white too.  He had dark, long hair. Both of them looked bored but a little bit interested. On Caius side was a pale like paper female Volturi guard. She had simple features but even from this point, she looked beautiful. I don;t know her name. But that won't be a problem because I know I'd be introduced to all of them in no time.

" That's wonderful to hear from you Bella. Respect.. I love that. And Jasper, how are you? " Aro said in a tone that sounded bemused and glad.

" I'm perfectly fine Master Aro. Though, I have to let you touch my hand so you could get a full detail on my trip together with Demetri to get Bella from Forks. We have some little acquaintance along the way with Victoria. She's from the nomad coven. " Jasper explained.

Aro stepped from his throne and he went forward to where Jasper and I were standing. I didnt' caught sight of Demetri anymore. Maybe he was busy with Jane.

" Interesting, Jasper. Let me see. " Aro said softly. Jasper extended his hand to Aro and Aro took it. 

I allowed myself to get a good look of all the guards of the Volturi while Jasper and Aro were doing there " business".

I saw Jane holding hands with Demetri near the door. I have'nt seen her when we went inide. She was tiny, with lanky, pale yellow blond hair. Her eyes were bright crimson. Her face was angelic, like that of an innocent child. And her lips were full. Her face was an exception, that a Boticelli angel would make look like a gargoyle. Her figure was slim and androgynous. She gave me a smile, a warm one. I  smiled back, I was glad to know that the vampires around here were starting to get friendly with me.  Suddenly I remembered something of what I have seen when we last visited here. Aro had took her face in his hands and kissed her lightly on her full lips. What does that even mean? Maybe, Aro just favored her so much and she was his favorite. But the fact that Aro and Jane together would not make sense because Jane's boyfriend was Demetri and Aro, of what Carlisle has told me that he had a wife name Sulpicia. But I can't see her anywhere here.