Chapter17: Beautiful

Chapter 17

When I stepped in front of the mirror, I let out a breath. With my graceful movements, sharp senses of hearing, seeing everything, smelling, now that I'm a vampire, a new born vampire, I have been fascinated by myself a little. But now, as I'm staring at my reflection at the elegant mirror in front of me, a question hd escaped from my lips quietly.

" Who was she? "

It did'nt look anything like me. Like Bella Swan. 

The girl in the mirror was stunningly beautiful and dazzling. Her skin was luminous as pearl, glistening subtly, pale like a paper, and radiant. Her limbs were perfectly strong and she was fluid even in stillness. The alien ceature in the glass could'nt be me. Her flawless face was pale like the moon against the frame of her heavy, dark hair.  

My second reaction was horror. The eyes! I can't say my eyes because it's creepy. A thrill of terror sent through me.

The beautiful alien creature's eyes were the color of bright red, like the setting sun. It was sparkling like stars in the sky. Red stars. I have expected for the sight of my eyes but still, it is terror to look in your eyes. Bright red eyes.

All the while, I studied her face. It was perfectly composed, a carving, live statue of a goddess, showing nothing of the turmoil roiling inside me. And then, her full lips moved.

" The eyes? How long? " 

Aro speaked up. 

" I'm afraid, my dear Bella, that it has to stay that way. Since, you're not going to feed off from animals. " Aro reminded me.

How rude of me! I'm a Volturi now!  I'm not going to be a vegetarian like the rest of the Olympic Coven, well, for the exception of Jasper of course. Now that he has to feed off from humans.. Humans.. I repeated the word in my head. Humans?!? We're going to kill humans so we could drink from them? No! But I snapped back from my disturbed thoughts when I felt Aro's heavy gaze on me.

" Oh. How rude of me Master! Forgive me! " I apologized.

" Don't worry Bella dear! " Aro said. I smiled and ooh my, everyone's mouth gaped open at me again. Except for the Three Volturi Masters. And little Jane.

I looked away from the beautiful goddess in the mirror and walked back to my bed where Jasper was silent..and glad. 

I took his hands and we smiled at each other. Demetri and Felix made some coughing noises and then they whispered something like " Aaaaww. " I glowered at them but they just smirked. I guess, everywhere I go, there will always be someone to tease me and made fun of me. Felix reminded me of Emmett. Big, dear Emmett. I could feel my heart been squeezed by the thought. I miss him already. I found myself thinking of Rosalie too. 

" I'm completely surprised that you are not doing things a new born should do. You have great self control and you are very behaved. " Marcus commented.

" Thank you, Master. I guess, its just that I'm very ready before I'm going to be a vampire. " I said, looking into his milky, red eyes.

" Well, everyone?  I'm going to announce something. " Aro said.

We all turned to him expectantly.

" What is it Master? " Little Jane's angel voice spoke. Aro turned to her and gave her a special, genuine smile. I felt Demetri tensed behind me.

" Tomorrow, we will hold a formal occassion, in which we will welcome the new Volturi guards, and also the new members of our big, happy family. " Aro finished with a clap on his chalky hands and a big, warm smile.

" It's a pleasure and an honor to us, master. " Jasper said.

" Yes, Master. Thank you. " I said. My voice, bells and music!

" You are very welcome, Isabella Marie Swan and Jasper Whitlock Hale. " Aro said, saying our full names.

Suddenly, Charlie and Renee's face swam in my head. My heart did a little flip like it was plunged into hot acid but lifted again. I have completely forgotten about them. I will save for tearless sobs tonight in Jasper's arms.

" Can I announce something too? " Caius asked in a powerful voice.

We all looked at him as Aro nodded at him.

" I will throw a ball in the evening after we are finished with  the proper occassion, Aro had been saying. " Caius said.

" Perfect, brother! " Aro beamed at him.

" We will send an invitation to the Cullens, perhaps? Jasper? Bella? Is it okay with you? "Aro turned to us.

I threw a quick glance at Jasper but he was smiling whole heartedly. I guess its okay, after all.

" Sure. " Jasper said and I nodded.

" Good. Now, we will send some invitations to other covens. The Denali coven, nomad, and Irish. " Marcus said.

Aro rolled his eyes that gave him the look of like a spoiled, big brat. I laughed mentally.

" Jasper, Bella, Demetri will lead you to your rooms. We will see you in the morning. " Aro said and in a flash, Demetri was by our side. 

Aro took a step near me and planted a kiss on my forehead. I'm honored to be kiss by the leader of the Volturi in the forehead, it seemes royal-like. I heard Jane hissed behind Aro, which made Aro looked at her. 

" Jane, my precious jewel. Do not fear, for you are still my favorite among the rest. " Aro assured her and the fierce expression on Jane's face was replaced by  a sweet smile.

" Thank you Master. " Jane said. Aro turned to her, cupped her face in his ancient hands and kissed her lightly on her full lips. When Aro pulled away, Jane looked like she had won an impossible contest. I saw Demetri bowed his head. 

" Now, now, my precious guards. You may rest now. Or do whatever you want. I, myself will have to spend some time with my lovely wife. " Caius announced.

" So do I. Good bye my young friends. " Aro said and he retreated from the room closely followed by Jane and Felix. Chelsea and Renata and Alec were crowding Marcus and Caius.

" Bye, Master. Bye Jane! " I called out. She glanced at me and gave me cool smile. 

Jasper and I were left alone with Demetri. Feeling the need to be with Jasper alone now, I told Demetri to take us now to our room. He nodded and leaded the way. But I noticed him. He was sad. 

" Demetri? Are you all right? " I asked, concerned.

" yeah. This is nothing. " Demetri answered.

He walked as we followed him with Jasper holding me close to him. I tiptoed and kissed him hard on his lips. He smirked, as I saw his eyes sparkling with delight.