Chapter16: Vampire

Chapter 16

Clear like crystal. Everything was so perfectly, goddamned clear.

Very sharp. Defined.

The light ahead was still blinding. I recognized the light as the rays of the sun that has found its way inside the room. I can see the glowing strands each ray. I could see the color of the rainbow in the light and at the very edge, an eighth color which I had no name for.

As I stared on the ceiling above, I could distinguished the individual grains in the light colored wood. I could see the dust moted in the air, the sides the sunlight touched and the dark sides, distinct and separate. They spun like little planets, moving aroung each other in a celestial dance. It looked beautiful and I gasped in surprise. Air whoosed down my throat, swirling the dust motes into a vortex. It felt wrong. I considered and realized  the problem was that there was no relief attached to the action. I didnt need air. My lungs weren't waiting for it. yes, I may don't need air anymore but I liked it. I could taste the room around me. Mix of the stagnant air mingling with the flow of slightly cooler air from the open window. But what really caught my attention was the best, most unexplainable pleasant smell that drifted in my nose. The closest thing to me.

I heard the breathing of others around me. Aro. Marcus, Caius, Demetri, Jane, Alec, and someone I don't recognized. Their breath mixed with the scent that was something off honey and lilac and sunshine, bringing new flavors. Cinnamon, hyacinth, pear, seawater, rising bread, pine, vanilla, chocolate, lavender.. I traded a different comparisons in my mind, but none of them fit exactly. So sweet.

With a jolt, I realized  that this could be exactly right. Could I really hear everything within the walls od Volterra? The Beutiful city? I didnt realized someone was squeezing my hand until I realized it was my Jasper. My Jasper. But I didnt expected the touch. The skin was perfectly smooth, but it was the wrong temperature. It's not cold anymore.

I winced a little, but then I understood what had startled me.

Oh yeah. I'm a vampire now. Like Jasper. Aro and Jane, Carlisle and Emmett, like Edward too. Jasper won't feel cold to me, we were the same temperature now. 

I dragged my body upward and I was now in a sitting position. Everyone's staring at me intently. Like I looked some kind of a dangerous serial killer. And then, I realized I was the danger. I'm a new born vampire, who would lunge at any throat this instant. I'm a newborn. The dry, scorching ache in my throat gave proof to that.

I took Jasper's hand in mine and got myself out of the bed. I saw Aro's eyes gleamed with profound excitement and curiosity.

" Bella. My Bella. " Jasper croaked softly and then I launched my self at him. I had miss him so much. I hugged him tighyl and I heard him groaned.

" Ow. Bella, careful now. You want me to crunch, don't you? " Jasper said.

I yanked myself away quickly. Right, I have now extraordinary strength. Especially for a newborn. I apologized.

" Sorry. "

 My voice was like two bells chimed together, like Jasper's voice. It was completely enthralling to listen to my voice. It was like music. Such, music!

When I looked at Jasper, I got lost in a moment. Thinking, how many times did I marvel over his beauty. Thousands? Millions? How many days, hours had I been thinking about his face? Since I saw his family in the Forks high School Cafeteria. I have been marveling each of their beauty. Edward, Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, Carlisle and Esme. JASPER. But now, I couldn bring the words to my mouth to explain or say  how exquisite his face , how beautiful he was! I feel like an utter moron staring at his face.

I was caught up in the moment when Aro, spoke. His voice more pronounced now. Before I looked at him, I flashed a smile. Everyone's eyes widened. Like they saw a goddess fall down from the sky. Demetri's eyes sparkled. 

" Isabella Marie Swan. Welcome to the family. " Aro said as he took a step forward, followed closely by Jane and big guy vampire Felix.

" Master. " Both of them whispered. Aro held up a finger and both of them silenced.

" Thank you Master. " there it was again! My voice! With such music and bells!

" May I ? " Aro asked as he held one palm open. I took it and he closed his hand over mine. He closed his eyes for a second, no.. two..three.. Five seconds and he opened them again. 

" A quite surprise. You're a newborn vampire yet you display such a strange, self controlled behavior. " He complimented.

" I'm thirsty though, Master. " I said with a smile and all of them chuckled.

" Renata! Bring in the food for Bella please. " Master Caius, spoke for the first time.

Renata came gushing with a tray, on top of the tray, there were ten tall black crystal glasses. She handed me the tray and I gladly took it when my senses recognized it as:

BLOOD.

HUMAN BLOOD.

FRESH AND MOUTH WATERING.

I gulped down the first glass in a hurry, then the next one. When the blood spilled on my tongue, it was like second heaven. Because I considered first heaven with my Jasper. The taste exploded in my tongue like fireworks. Unaware, I finished drinking the blood from all ten black crystal glasses. When I was done, I wiped my mouth and muttered a thanks to no one in particular. 

" Satisfied? Or more? " Marcus, for the first time spoke.

" Satisfied Master. Thank you. " I replied. Bells! Music! Have I heard music before?  Yes. 

" Vampire Bella. " Demetri uttered, a smile on his face.

I turned to him and smiled, I saw them again widening their red eyes like they had just saw a goddess. Again.

I went back to Jasper again and hugged him. With more control now. He relaxed in my arms and ruffled my hair.

" Bella. Forever's ours. You're one of us now. " He murmured in my ear and I heard him smile.

" Yes, Jasper. I know. " I whispered back.

We were interrupted when Jane, my first Volturi Girl friend faked a cough. Before I could say anything, she spoke.

" Do you want to see yourself in the mirror? " Her childish voice echoed.

What?! No! I'm charred!

" But, my body's charred! " I gasped.

Everyone in the room laughed boisterously.

" Hey Bella. You have some sense of humor, do you know? " Alec said in a mystified tone.

" Really? " Was all I think I could say. 

I felt Jane's chalky hand clutched my wrist and she dragged me to the full body size mirror situated at the west side of the room.