Chapter 7: New field

Ron was waiting for the girls in the common area. Ron and Hermione have decided to party with Harry, since Marlene was in detention, on a weekday. At least, that was the excuse they had given to the Marauders and Lily, who have looked relieved beyond doubt. It was full moon's night today. It served three purposes of theirs in one go. One, they would be out of Marauders hair, so they won't worry about sneaking out; second, the Marauders won't find about Harry actual name, if she would be out of castle when they checked the map; third, was that they were going to recon the Gringotts.

The Hufflepuff cup was the one of the remaining Horcruxes which was more within their reach. Barging into Malfoy's house would draw attention to them and why do that when he was still oblivious. Dumbledore has said that it would make getting the cup easier, if they had hair of some prominent dark wizard to enter the Lestrange vault.

That was not the only reason for them to go though. Hermione was getting worried by Harry's excessive partying. Harry has been out to party every weekend and free evening, since her first outing. Every time she had stayed out all night and come back with hickeys and other marks. It would be almost a month now of this routine. Hermione was worried she was acting out. Ron thinks she is enjoying the freedom of not being Harry Potter, but just being Harry. She was partying and enjoying life. She needed to do that.

After her 'death', Ron has been awfully worried about her. He needed her to see the wonderfulness of the world. He needs her to want to live. He thought partying was actually a good way for her to be free. She never did really have any freedom. From her abusive relatives to being the wizarding world's Messiah, she never was free. It wasn't like she had completed changed. She was still Harry. She played quidditch, did her homework, performed in class, had fun with her friends and focused on their personal training. She was lighter and happier now. It might also be because she was with her parents and was getting to know them as people rather than memories. Whatever the reason was, Ron wasn't complaining.

She never went out with anyone in Hogwarts. And he was sure all her hook ups were with muggles. He knew she felt quinsy having sex with her past friends' and enemies' parents. What if she took away chance of them being born? She has always been worrier. Less than Hermione but she was one worry-wart.

The Marauders, sans Remus (who was apparently studying) were waiting, cheerfully, to wish them bye and then start their own adventure. In Sirius's case, the cheerfulness was forced. Sometimes Ron thought, he should tell him that Harry is bisexual, so Sirius would know he did have a shot. If Ron was being honest, Sirius was probably the only one who did. But he knew Harry still thought of Sirius as her godfather. If Sirius did make a move, she would reject him. Even if later on, she did realize she loved him. It was better to let their relation take it's natural course. There will be less heart break then. He hoped. Sirius has been dating someone or the other, every few days. He seem to have no preference, just requirement of availability and no emotional attachment.

Sirius spent most of his time with Harry or around her. They both were like magic together. Sirius knew when to give Harry space and when to prod her to do something she was reluctant about; and vice versa. It was so interesting that they knew that about each other. Ron always thought that in his past, it was because he was her godfather and she his goddaughter, was the reason why they knew each other inside out. Or maybe the real reasom was because they were made for each other and magic has decided to bring them together in an extremely twitsted way.

Harry (first one) and Hermione (second one) came down the stairs, looking gorgeous and hot. Sirius made a soft noise, that could either be in distress or because he was turned on, after seeing Harry. Yeah, Harry was definitely getting laid today. And he was very glad Hermione was dating him or else he would be in trouble of trying not to murder someone in jealousy fit, tonight.